Data Engineer - GIR Technology
- Bangalore, India
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Founded in 1869, Goldman Sachs has long sustained a commitment to hiring and training outstanding leaders. Our business principles are rooted in integrity, a commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork. These values enable us to execute successfully a business strategy that is focused on extraordinary client service and superior long-term financial performance for our shareholders.
We conduct our business in increasingly complex markets. Our people must continually find new ways to provide access to capital, manage risk and provide investment opportunities for our clients to enable them to realize their goals. We judge ourselves on our ability to help clients anticipate and respond to changing market conditions and to create opportunities that merit the trust they place in us.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- An opportunity to work on the core of a strategically important system at GS, used by both revenue generating and federation divisions.
- Interact with platform users in strategies and business-aligned technology teams spread around the globe and across various time zones.
- Interact directly with the business and other tech teams to build innovative solutions to support the GS business.
- Develop solutions using test driven development incorporating both unit and integration testing
- Implement and use best practices within the group for a continuously improving production environment and user experience
- Help train and mentor new production engineers
- Understand the regional dependencies and drive the regional requirements
- Build and maintain relationships with various GS technology and business organizations.
- Contribute to the technical understanding and promotion of new and existing standards, solutions, and tools.
- Interface directly to the local client base, executing their requirements within a global framework.
- Considerable growth potential for highly motivated developers.
- Play a big part in design and implementation in a team oriented environment.
- 7+/8+ years application development/ production engineering experience
- Strong Programming skills in Core Java/J2EE, AWS (will be added advantage_
- Experience with Spring framework and Hibernate
- Experience with service oriented architecture
- Experience in working with large software systems, distributed computing, and databases (SQL and NoSQL).
- Ability and willingness to learn GS proprietary language
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, ability to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
- Independent and comfortable in an ambiguous work environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and perform under pressure in time-critical situations using sound judgment and professional
- Good interpersonal, business-facing skills
- Experience with microservice architecture, spring boot
- Experience with Kafka, MongoDB, Hadoop, Cassandra
- Motivation to learn about trading workflow and financial markets
- Experience in developing application using the AWS stack
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top