Data Engineer - CIMD Technology
- Richardson, TX
CONSUMER ( MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS )
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the firm's consumer business, combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with 150 years of experience. Today, Marcus has $50 billion in deposits, $5 billion in loan balances and 4 million customers across our lending and deposits businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. We are backed by our unique team, comprised of individual contributors from leading agile technology companies, fintechs and consumer financial services companies, allowing us to disrupt the industry, while helping consumers take control of their financial lives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary: We are seeking a hands-on Data engineer to design, develop and enhance the Marcus Consumer Banking Data Analytics Platform of Goldman Sachs. The person will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture on Big Data technologies. The ideal candidate is an experienced ETL developer who has not only worked on a traditional ETL tool but has also developed generic, reusable transformations in a programming language like python or java. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
- Design, develop and enhance the Marcus Data Platform
- Develop data flows and pipelines in python and spark to support business needs
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that can assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Conduct POC to help define the components for the Big Data platform
Qualifications for Data Engineer
- 5+ years academic or industry experience
- 3+ years experience working with Big Data tools - HDFS, Spark, Flink, Hive, etc.
- Strong data warehousing concepts, especially in the ETL space
- Experience with any one ETL tool
- Strong in data structures and algorithms
- Programming experience in either python or java.
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top