MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The firm's Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, combines the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with more than 150 years of experience. Today, we serve millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools, and our partnership with Apple on Apple Card. We use innovative design, data, engineering and other core capabilities to provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we are looking for leaders and individual contributors to join our team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Determine action required based on established procedures to protect the Bank's assets; work with supervisor on handling more complex cases
- Place appropriate hold on accounts deemed to have fraudulent activity. Track and document action taken in a timely and correct manner to provide a record of activity and meet audit and compliance requirements
- Communicate, in a professional manner, with customers, merchants, financial institutions, and other personnel to resolve system problems or request additional information and / or documentation to support a decision on whether fraudulent activity has occurred
- Assist in identifying and developing process enhancements to maximize efficiency of fraud detection activities as required
- Identify risk and prevent loss from fraud reports, referrals from fraud email box, and return items (multiple sources/platforms)
- Make sound subjective decisions to close risky relationships, place and remove restrictions on accounts, return ACH/cancel wires
- Investigate risk identified through new account filters from new account opening process
- Investigate check and ACH returns and rejects. Review and investigate Fraud referrals
- Run and review pro-active risk reports, conduct research using third party data sources to validate monetary and non-monetary transactions
- Review established detection system-generated alerts to identify fraudulent activity related to merchant, check ACH, wire, digital banking, and account openings
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years Fraud experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong understanding of the customer service experience
- Must be self-directed, detail oriented, driven, and able to work independently in a team-oriented and fast -paced environment
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree
- Fraud experience in financial services environment
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity