CWMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs - Consumer Fraud Strats - VP - Bengaluru
- Bengaluru, India
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
CWMD Marcus by Goldman Sachs - Consumer Fraud Strats - VP- Bengaluru
Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM)
Across Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals. Our advisor-led wealth management businesses provide financial planning, investment management, banking and comprehensive advice to a wide range of clients, including ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals, as well as family offices, foundations and endowments, and corporations and their employees. Our consumer business provides digital solutions for consumers to better spend, borrow, invest, and save. Across CWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
Consumer (MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS)
The firm's Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, combines the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with more than 150 years of experience. Today, we serve millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools, and our partnership with Apple on Apple Card. We use innovative design, data, engineering and other core capabilities to provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we are looking for leaders and individual contributors to join our team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
You will be part of the data science function for Marcus that caters to end to end Customer life cycle. You are going to lead a technical team of data scientists to detect fraudsters and fraud events at scale with ML models and data-driven insights . You will be at the forefront of a data-driven initiative to optimize decision making, improve customer experience and save millions of dollars for business. We have a fast paced result driven culture and we are looking for individuals who are proactive and can work with a sense of urgency. The candidate should have a sense of ownership and should be able to drive results independently while working on multiple concurrent projects.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
- Improve business decision-making capabilities by providing actionable data-driven insights into fraud events
- Reduce fraud loss while increasing customer satisfaction by building ML models/algorithms and data-driven product features
- Reduce the time spent creating insight and ML models by scaling platforms
- Spot and evaluate emerging/cutting edge, open source, data science/machine learning libraries/big data platforms
- Communicating updates back to the business, such as KPIs from the data science team, as well as communicate the team's short- and long-term goals and vision to help them gain buy-in from other business units
- Responsible for overseeing and coaching the data science team
- Two+ years of experience in managing fraud risk
- Proven experience as a lead data scientist or similar role
- Solid understanding of machine learning, statistical analysis
- Good knowledge of big data management, visualization techniques and modern technology stack
- Experience with software development in a team setting, using Python and Spark
- Experience with developing and deploying ML models in production
- Excellent communication skills and a business mindset
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top