CWMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs - Consumer Fraud Strats - VP - Bengaluru
- Bengaluru, India
CWMD Marcus by Goldman Sachs - Consumer Fraud Strats - VP- Bengaluru
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The firm's Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, combines the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with more than 150 years of experience. Today, we serve millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools, and our partnership with Apple on Apple Card. We use innovative design, data, engineering and other core capabilities to provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we are looking for leaders and individual contributors to join our team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Responsibilities And Qualifications
We are seeking an experienced fraud strategy leader for the consumer products and services. This leader will develop, deliver, and manage our fraud risk management strategy, machine learning models, capability and process within the consumer business of Goldman Sachs. This individual will have a direct and material impact on company financials and fraud risk net write-off goals. The candidate will work closely with technology, product and operations teams to identify ways to enhance fraud infrastructure, tools and processes to enable a secure and seamless experience for our customers while managing fraud loss and addressing existing and emerging fraud trends. This role will require the candidate to have an in depth understanding of fraud risks and keep up-to-date with new approaches for managing risks through the application of technology, processes, and people.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
- Ability to lead projects for developing fraud strategies and machine learning predictive models
- Manages projects from end to end design, development and implementation
- Good understanding of predictive models and data science techniques
- Manages team of data scientists that are from both data science and strategy background to deliver fraud initiatives
- Drives continuous improvement of key fraud metrics
- Collaborates with key partners and leadership to define and prioritize business needs to inform strategies
- Work directly with the Customer Operations leadership team responsible for execution of the fraud strategy
- Ability to communicate complex analytical ideas effectively and persuasively
- Strong data analytical skills, problem solving and technical skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in core elements of data mining and analysis using large data sets
- Previous experience leading data science or strategy team
- Strong project management skills and attention to details
- Proficiency in Python, R, Java, SQL is a plus
- Decision sciences experience a plus
- Fraud risk experience is a plus
- Education Qualifications: Minimum Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Statistics, Economics / Econometrics, engineering or any other computationally extensive discipline.
- Graduate Degree preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top