CWM, Private Wealth Management, Family Office Wealth Advisory Team, Vice President - London
- London, United Kingdom
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM)
Across Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals. Our advisor-led wealth management businesses provide financial planning, investment management, banking and comprehensive advice to a wide range of clients, including ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals, as well as family offices, foundations and endowments, and corporations and their employees. Our consumer business provides digital solutions for consumers to better spend, borrow, invest, and save. Across CWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Do you have a strong background in international wealth planning for UK clients and the desire to provide complex solutions to high net worth individuals? We are seeking a Vice President to be a member of our Family Office Wealth Advisory team in tax and estate planning for UK clients. You must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, strong communication skills, and client service are essential to maintaining and enhancing our business.
Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocations within the context of each client's particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services, including private banking and trust company services. PWM is seeking a candidate to be a member of the Family Office Wealth Advisory team in international income tax and estate planning. The person filling this position would present wealth planning solutions related to onshore and offshore investments to existing and potential UK clients and their advisors.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Support senior GS private wealth advisors in managing client relationships
- Develop and analyze wealth succession and tax plans in conjunction with clients' lawyers and accountants
- Present internally on tax technical concepts and legislative updates
- Contribute to the long-term strategy and success of this growing team of International Wealth Planners
- 5+ years of experience in the tax advisory profession required
- Technical knowledge and experience in wealth planning strategies for UK resident individuals, including the use of trust structures, corporate vehicles, and offshore bonds
- Fluency with the UK Resident Non-Domicile tax rules and remittance basis planning
- Experience with the UK tax treatment of financial assets / investment portfolios is desirable
- Desire to work hard and develop planning acumen in a team environment
- Willingness to travel in the UK and abroad with GS private wealth advisors and develop strong working relationships with UK clients and domestic professional advisors
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and work with numerous colleagues and desks across the Firm
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an enthusiasm for networking across the wider Wealth Planning industry. An existing network of external tax advisors, accountants, and other third party experts would be valued.
- UK Professional Tax and/or Accountancy qualifications required (ATT, CTA, ACCA, membership to STEP)
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top