CWM, Personal Financial Management - Insurance Specialist, Vice President - Irvine, CA
- Irvine, CA
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM)
Across Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals. Our advisor-led wealth management businesses provide financial planning, investment management, banking and comprehensive advice to a wide range of clients, including ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals, as well as family offices, foundations and endowments, and corporations and their employees. Our consumer business provides digital solutions for consumers to better spend, borrow, invest, and save. Across CWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
Goldman Sachs Personal Financial Management (GS PFM) specializes in creating personalized wealth management plans for affluent individuals and families. We give clients clarity, confidence and control over their financial decisions. Our dedicated team of advisors across approximately 100 offices throughout the U.S., develops and implements personalized plans tailored to each client's values and life goals. Our advisors offer an investment platform inclusive of products and services offered by Goldman Sachs and other third parties, including private banking and lending offerings. We consider the relationships with our clients a lifelong partnership, a partnership backed by over 150 years of Goldman Sachs providing consistency, perspective and access as our clients' needs evolve.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Insurance Specialist is responsible to maximize revenue potential by working closely with PFM investment advisers, their clients, as well as internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement insurance and annuity-based strategies, in alignment with our clients' needs, goals and tolerance for risk. The Insurance Specialist role requires both internal wholesaling and client-facing responsibilities, and is assigned to PFM's insurance dedicated distribution division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional position-specific duties and/or duties that are outside the specific functions that are listed.
- Thorough understanding of insurance and annuity products, including life, health, long term care, fixed, indexed and variable annuities along with corresponding financial planning concepts that employ such products.
- Significant client and PFM adviser-facing responsibilities, includes building relationships with key producers, meeting directly with clients and an ability to describe complex insurance-related concepts and product information.
- Responsible trend-analysis and identification of insurance-related opportunities with existing clients.
- Educate PFM advisers on insurance planning strategies. Ability to take lead on internal presentations regarding wealth transfer, income protection strategies and product updates.
- Strong presentation and leadership skills. Partner with senior management on key initiatives and the growth of insurance revenues across the firm.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to be detail-oriented, self-motivated and capable of working in a team environment.
- Maintain and grow individual and team based revenue goals.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand of PFM's financial planning advice delivery process and employ with clients as part of insurance-related activity.
- Actively participates in case design and meeting preparation to ensure all client deliverables are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Take a holistic view of each client's financial needs and goals as concerns insurance and annuity solutions to ensure clients remain on track to achieve goals.
- Develops and manages relationships with assigned client base ensuring all clients have a consistent and positive experience.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree or designation preferred; Must have either Series 7 or 6; Life and Health insurance license and Series 66 OR Series 65. Minimum seven years of working in similar insurance wholesaler who has had sole responsibility for geographic region of offices.
Required Knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Google Apps
- SalesForce or other CRM software
- Securities, Financial Planning, Investments or Insurance
- Custodian Platforms (i.e. Fidelity, Schwab, etc.)
- Broker Dealer and Investment Advisory Regulations
- Strong demonstrated quantitative and analytical abilities
- Superior people and communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients through dissatisfaction.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Judgement and problem solving; takes responsibility, demonstrates personal integrity, honesty and is able to deal with confidential information on a daily basis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Proficient in Google Apps.
- A self-starter with a strong sense of ownership, positive professional attitude and demeanor.
- Must be able to exercise judgment, tact and diplomacy when dealing with clients, other executives and levels of management.
- Excellent time management and strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and anticipate potential client issues.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top