CWM - Marcus by Goldman Sachs - UK Deposits Operations - Operations Lead
- Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM)
Across Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals. Our advisor-led wealth management businesses provide financial planning, investment management, banking and comprehensive advice to a wide range of clients, including ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals, as well as family offices, foundations and endowments, and corporations and their employees. Our consumer business provides digital solutions for consumers to better spend, borrow, invest, and save. Across CWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
The firm's Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, combines the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with more than 150 years of experience. Today, we serve millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools, and our partnership with Apple on Apple Card. We use innovative design, data, engineering and other core capabilities to provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we are looking for leaders and individual contributors to join our team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you passionate about customer services, operations, leadership, and using digital tools to provide solutions to retails? We're looking for a customer service professional to lead our customer support team who wants to use their skills and ideas to create and lead new processes and teams.
Our team of critical thinkers partners with groups in all areas of the firm to lead teams, manage processes, and improve digital tools. Our division also provides critical operations and user experience design to ensure business flows smoothly when customers come to us. From day one, team members play a vital role in upholding the three customer support principles of customer focus, process innovation and risk management.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our Marcus by Goldman Sachs professionals the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside of the office.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Responsible for setting the strategic action plans and key business tactics that supports the business strategic direction and goals for the Consumer UK Customer Care team by developing vision, setting high standards, achieving service level agreements and communicating ideas
- Serves as a SME and coach for sound retail deposit practices
- Responsible for planning of new staff requirements to support new initiatives and leads the hiring of new staff and creating and supporting a highly involved team environment across dual sites
- Responsible for maintaining an environment with intense focus on customer satisfaction/advocacy and professional customer support, balanced with consistent achievement of standard business objectives
- Prioritizes work assignments from multiple channels as a resource allocator
- Ensures that continuity is maintained to guarantee quality resolution of customer enquiries across all Consumer UK products
- Employs principles and techniques as defined in the quality audit criteria, and develops and implements quality assurance standards, processes, and controls
- Manages across all customer facing teams to maintain continuity across the brand through all Consumer UK customer interactions; Call Centre, Complaints, Support, Workforce and Training
- Produces concise performance reports and analyses for senior management
- Works closely with Business Risk team to identify key controls and escalation procedures. Pro-actively identifies any new issues or risks and works to ensure suitable controls are in place
- Drives improvements in business processes and ensures optimal resource utilization and audit compliant administrative process and strategy
- Works closely with cross functional partners to ensure collaboration and process efficiencies are maintained
- Identifies technological enhancements and assist in the development of the IT requirements impacting Operations processes within the business
- Self-directed team player, ability to drive high performance and work independently or in a team-oriented and fast paced environment
- Proven ability to lead by example, with a positive attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven delivery of excellent customer experience and advocacy
- Strong customer focus and a good telephone manner
- Ability to lead teams and drive performance standards
- Good leadership skills and the ability to motivate and develop staff
- A desire to help others work towards targets and develop their skills
- Ability to set, meet and exceed targets
- Ability to manage change
- Minimum of 5 years of customer service experience (or equivalent military experience)
- In depth product knowledge across Banking, Savings and Investments within retail banking
- Understanding of the UK Regulatory Environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in leading and managing teams
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or a related field preferred
- Leadership experience in a startup environment
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top