CWM - Marcus by Goldman Sachs - Financial Planning & Analysis - Associate - Wilmington, DE
- Wilmington, DE
Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM)
Across Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals. Our advisor-led wealth management businesses provide financial planning, investment management, banking and comprehensive advice to a wide range of clients, including ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals, as well as family offices, foundations and endowments, and corporations and their employees. Our consumer business provides digital solutions for consumers to better spend, borrow, invest, and save. Across CWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
The firm's Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, combines the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with more than 150 years of experience. Today, we serve millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools, and our partnership with Apple on Apple Card. We use innovative design, data, engineering and other core capabilities to provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we are looking for leaders and individual contributors to join our team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a member of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team, you will be working closely with the Consumer Lending FP&A manager, product and marketing leads and the Chief Financial Officer of the division. In your role you will be responsible for:
- Building NPV frameworks to evaluate investment decisions for pricing and marketing spend
- Developing the financial planning, reporting and analysis infrastructure for the business, including budgeting processes and reconciliation to actual financial results
- Measuring and tracking expenses incurred and building financial forecasts and models
- Working with divisional leadership and other members of the functional teams to build the business plan and financial projection model for the business
- Interfacing with the Federation to present the story and performance of the business
- Partneringwith colleagues in Consumer Technology on technology platform cost / infrastructure planning
- An understanding of corporate finance concepts and FP&A best practices including modeling, budgeting, forecasting and KPI tracking
- Preference to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Attention to detail is a must
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, detail-oriented and proficient in building and handling complicated data sets
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively communicate and present results highlighting the broader commercial and strategic impact
- Must be motivated, self-driven, collaborative, a strong communicator, comfortable following direction and able to balance being in the weeds with summarizing at a high level under short deadlines
- Must be extremely proactive and work well in a collaborative environment, with the ability to move projects forward independently
- Experience with large data sets, technology and exposure to Consumer Finance a plus
- Fluency with Excel a must
- Familiarity with SQL preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top