MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
CWMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs -Vice President - Bengaluru
The Consumer and Wealth Management includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Private Wealth Management and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives. Consumer business, externally known as Marcus by Goldman Sachs, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include our deposits and lending businesses, as well as our personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Consumer combines the strength and heritage of a 150-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
As part of the central fraud team you will be responsible for the development of new analytical strategies, business processes and solutions to prevent consumers from being victimized by fraud and protecting the firm from financial losses due to fraud. The role will involve working closely with product, technology, Operations, Compliance and data science teams to develop solutions and improve the performance of the portfolio. As part of this team you will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing strategies to identify and prevent fraud
- Lead a team of Analysts and Associates to minimize fraud losses
- Develop dashboards and control reports to support the management of the business
- Liaise with operations teams to identify trends and opportunities for process improvements
- Working with technology team to find, develop and implement solutions
Job Summary and Responsibilities
- Use a data-driven approach to develop and design fraud solutions
- Review, evaluate and drive selection of new vendors or technologies to enhance the fraud strategy and mitigate emerging risks
- Establish the appropriate analytical environment and reporting to ensure comprehensive fraud coverage
- Work directly with the Customer Operations leadership team responsible for execution of the fraud strategy
- Research and remain current on the latest industry fraud trends and recommend tools, services, and practices for improvement
- Identify and develop process improvements/automation to maximize efficiency of fraud detection activities as required
- Manage team members with training and development
- Obtain approval for implementation of changes to the Fraud Strategy
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in fraud risk management with debit cards, prepaid cards, checking products
- Experience with using data science tools (Python, Spark preferred) to solve business problems.
- Experience building quantitative strategies for a consumer checking business
- Knowledge of fraud risk vendors and technology in consumer finance or digital services industry
- Experience with consumer banking authentication tools and methodologies
- Developed reporting and used data visualization to report on trends or analysis
- Familiarity with digital payment channels like Zelle, Real Time Payments, Bill Pay, Remote Check Deposit a plus
- Managed projects and worked with technology teams to implement solution
- Ability to work independently, but still be a strong team player
- Attention to details and excellent oral and written communication skills
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity