CWM - Marcus by Goldman Sachs - Business Controls - Controls Design - Senior Analyst - Richardson, TX
- Richardson, TX
Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM)
Across Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals. Our advisor-led wealth management businesses provide financial planning, investment management, banking and comprehensive advice to a wide range of clients, including ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals, as well as family offices, foundations and endowments, and corporations and their employees. Our consumer business provides digital solutions for consumers to better spend, borrow, invest, and save. Across CWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
The firm's Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, combines the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with more than 150 years of experience. Today, we serve millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools, and our partnership with Apple on Apple Card. We use innovative design, data, engineering and other core capabilities to provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we are looking for leaders and individual contributors to join our team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Controls Design Senior Analyst role is part of Marcus US Deposit's first line of defense controls testing and monitoring team, and helps to ensure process-level risks and controls are closely managed to prevent and minimize risk in the business. Additional responsibilities include:
- Proactively identify potential business risks, process deficiencies and improvement opportunities and make recommendations for additional controls or to enhance existing control framework to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the risk mitigation program
- Gather and synthesize data to define control design requirements to increase the effectiveness of the bank's control framework
- Leverage control framework knowledge to ensure there are no control gaps when assessing a new product or process
- Focus on continuous control framework improvement and evolution to meet changing requirements to support maximum visibility to the executive audience
- Execute root cause analysis when control issues have been identified to assist with building out a robust and effective solution
- Facilitate and support the 2 nd and 3 rd lines of defense surrounding control frameworks assessments
- Maintain effective communication with other business units and support teams to remediate testing errors and assist with implementation of control specific corrective actions related to testing fails and non-compliance with policies and procedures
- Contribute to executive reporting and other data-driven deliverables, with a focus on providing appropriate content, context and structure in a precise and timely manner
- Be a critical thinker: Thoughtful, self-aware, and use available evidence to make decisions
- Work effectively with teammates and win credibility quickly
- Perform ad-hoc statistical analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a related field
- 2-3 years related work experience in an Operational Risk, Business Controls, Process Improvement role
- Preferred (not required) 2-3 years related work experience in Consumer Banking, Retail Banking, Consumer Deposits (Savings/Checking)
- Strong Risk Assessment & Control Design knowledge and experience performing assessment of key controls (RCSA/SOX) of consumer banking products
- Advanced analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Advanced organizational, planning and time management skills
- Genuine excitement and passion for leading root cause analysis, troubleshooting technical process failures, and implementing fixes to increase control framework effectiveness
- Experience building reports and presentations
- Expert level proficiency in the Microsoft tool suite including SharePoint, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building, communication (written and verbal) and negotiation skills
- High level of creativity, perseverance and openness to change
- Interest and ability to self-serve, investigate, and get the data required to make quick and effective decisions
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and take ownership of various parts of an initiative while still following proper chain of command, and effectively working in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- 2-3 years consumer banking experience, specifically in operational risk, compliance, or corporate governance
- Working knowledge of financial, operational, compliance, and reputation risks
- Experience aggregating and analyzing various types of risks and data with output to dashboards and/or formal written assessments
- Heavy use of pivot tables, vlookup, complex formulas, charts, conditional formatting, and other advanced Excel functions
- Experience with Agile or Scrum development processes
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top