Custom Basket Strats
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Synthetic Products Group desk writes swaps on Equities, some of which reference custom baskets. The Custom Baskets strat team is responsible for tools to create and manage these baskets. The role involves:
- Driving innovation through product and platform development
- Helping to facilitate bespoke custom basket trades for clients in a scalable infrastructure
- Developing infrastructure and tools to administer basket rebalances for external clients and internal trading teams
- Automation of corporate action adjustments and improvement of work-flow
- Providing metrics for basket trades, to drive sales and trading decisions and to grow the business
- Both independent and collaborative work, involving several sales/strat/trading teams globally
Although the work performed by Strats is financial in nature, applicants need not have specific financial knowledge or experience to apply. As a business unit, we are interested in bright individuals who have technical and/or quantitative backgrounds and a willingness to learn about finance. We are interested in applicants who possess skills in several of the following areas:
- Technology: Experience in object oriented design, software engineering ( implementation of optimization algorithms and working in different programming languages). Knowledge of developing scalable solutions.
- Finance: Understanding of market dynamics and conventions, and of different products' behaviors and specifications. An understanding of financing markets or the Prime Brokerage business would be beneficial.
- Teamwork: Ability to build on partnerships with colleagues across global Equities teams involved in developing and trading custom basket products, including Trading/Structuring/Sales/Tech/Ops teams
- Communication and commercial impact: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable managing multiple stakeholders, demonstrating initiative and showing commercial impact. Candidate should be driven, demonstrate initiative, be technical and commercial-minded
Goldman Sachs is an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top