MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
CONSUMER AND COMMERCIAL BANKING
In Goldman Sachs Bank USA, we offer a wide range of solutions to help our customers meet their financial goals. Our teams seek to provide the highest level of customer service and support in everything we do. The Bank offers high yield savings accounts and a variety of loan products to individuals and private bank, corporate and community clients. Our savings products include an online savings account and certificates of deposit in a variety of terms.
Digital Finance is composed of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses which include the online consumer lending business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, the firm's first-ever direct-to-consumer platform built from the ground up, and the online consumer deposits business, GS Bank. These businesses offer personal loans and savings products to customers throughout the United States. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 147-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up to help our customers achieve financial progress through customizable solutions that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Design, build and implement best-in-class credit underwriting strategy for digital lending for consumers.
- Support product design and business development for organic and potential inorganic portfolio growth (e.g., via partnerships).
- Identify multitude of data sources and build processing capability to retain highest degree of information value for credit modelling and strategy development.
- Build capability to process hundreds of attributes to run optimization algorithms with complex constraints to determine underwriting decision, loan amount and pricing.
- Collaborate with marketing, analytics, decision science, operations and technology to build a seamless credit decision framework over customer lifecycle that covers targeting, underwriting and servicing of loans.
- Build and optimize existing customer management strategies to improve customer level profitability, identifying cross buy opportunities for low-risk customers as well as delinquency prevention strategy for higher-risk customers.
- Analyze and evaluate potential vendors/data providers for incremental value in credit management strategies in a continuous improvement environment.
- Keep up-to-date on applicable regulations and compliance requirements with possible interactions with internal and external regulators.
- Master's degree (U.S. or equivalent) in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience working for a financial services company in risk management and other quantitative function
Prior work experience must include:
- Building, improving, or analyzing risk management in a digital consumer or small business lending or similar data driven industries like insurance
- Expert knowledge of U.S. credit bureau data and Scorecards building infrastructure.
- Utilizing SAS, R, Python (or similar) for advanced statistical analysis for strategy development.
- Hands on experience on policy implementation using end-to-end decision engine and origination systems.
- Deep understanding of available technology, products and pain points of customer onboarding.
- Managing several projects simultaneously and driving end-to-end project delivery.
- Developing policy and procedures documentation for strategy execution.
- Developing and automating quality control process to ensure intended execution of strategies.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top