Credit Risk Management and Advisory, Regulatory & Analytics Verification, Analyst/Associate
The Credit Risk Management & Advisory Department (“CRMA”) is a central part of the Goldman Sachs risk management framework. CRMA is independent of the revenue-producing divisions and reports to the firm’s chief risk officer. CRMA has primary responsibility for assessing, monitoring and managing credit risk across the firm. The department also plays a key role in implementing and managing the firm’s credit risk related regulatory requirements. We are seeking an analyst to join the Regulatory and Analytics Verification team.
As a member of the Regulatory and Analytics Verification team within CRMA, you will play a key role in the credit risk management function and overall capital adequacy process at Goldman Sachs. The Regulatory and Analytics team is responsible for providing management with current, accurate and informative analysis of the firm’s credit risk. The team is also responsible for aspects of the firm’s credit risk-related regulatory requirements including risk based capital requirements (Basel III) and Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR).
Best practice and regulation require that banking organizations have a rigorous internal control framework which includes an independent review and verification function. The analyst will work with the Regulatory and Analytics Verification team to challenge processes that are central to our reporting and ensure that internal systems supporting regulatory compliance are properly designed, documented and implemented. The review process would cover:
- Interpreting and confirming compliance with applicable rules and regulation
- Transaction testing to ensure completeness
- Efficacy and appropriateness of data capture/aggregation and reporting
- Accuracy of risk measurement
- Development and implementation of automated data validation
- Information technology and automation
- New products or product modifications
Basic Qualifications- Bachelor Degree Required
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in either Audit, Technology, Risk Management, Regulatory Control/Reporting
Preferred Qualifications- Public audit experience
- Technology background
- Experience with data manipulation and analytics
- A combination of analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player – ability to maintain mutual support within a high profile team
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with high sense of urgency/multi-tasking skills
- Strong computing and Excel skills
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top