Credit Risk Management and Advisory, Regulatory Analytics, Associate, New York
Description of Credit Risk Management & Advisory:
The Credit Risk Management & Advisory Department (“CRMA”) is a central part of the Goldman Sachs risk management framework. CRMA is independent of the revenue-producing divisions and reports to the firm’s chief risk officer. CRMA has primary responsibility for assessing, monitoring and managing credit risk across the firm. The department also plays a key role in implementing and managing the firm’s credit risk related regulatory requirements. We are seeking an Associate to join the Regulatory and Analytics Team.
As a Bank Holding Company, the Federal Reserve is the firm’s primary regulator. GS is subject to supervision and examination by the Federal Reserve, consolidated risk-based regulatory capital requirements, and forward looking capital planning requirements.
The Credit Risk portion of the firm’s risk based capital requirements is commonly known as Basel III. Under Basel III, capital requirements for the “Advanced Approaches” component of the Basel framework rely on internal models for measuring credit risk and internal assessments of the creditworthiness and recovery prospects of our counterparties.
In addition, the firm is subject to supervision by a number of regulatory bodies. We have frequent interactions with our regulators through regular onsite discussions, examinations and ad-hoc requests where we strive to provide timely information on areas of interest within the credit risk space.
These elements of regulatory capital and supervision coordination reside within CRMA.
As a member of the Regulatory and Analytics Team within CRMA, you will play a key role in the credit risk management function and overall capital adequacy process at Goldman Sachs. The team is responsible for aspects of the firm’s credit risk related regulatory requirements including risk based capital requirements and oversight of other regulatory driven initiatives. The Associate will be responsible for contributing to projects, examinations and activities primarily related to these important regulatory initiatives.
- Working on aspects of CRMA’s contribution to regulatory capital and other regulatory driven initiatives
- Assistance in regulatory rule interpretation and policy-related decision making
- Summarizing and explaining changes in the firm’s credit risk exposures and capital requirements
- Assessment of regulatory capital requirements for prospective transactions
- Parameter quantification and documentation (exposure at default / probability of default / loss given default) of Wholesale credit risk portfolios for use in risk based capital requirements
- Interaction with Regulatory Policy and industry groups focused on developing advocacy strategies
- Frequent interaction with Regulators
- Coordination of credit risk related regulatory examinations
- Implementing technology initiatives related to regulatory capital and other regulatory driven initiatives
- 3-5 years of experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to work on multiple projects under demanding timelines
- Strategic thinker capable of understanding long-term impacts of decisions
- A self-starter who can work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to interface with people across many different areas of the firm and various levels of seniority
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top