Credit Risk Management & Advisory, Bank Loan Analyst, Salt Lake City
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Credit Risk Management and Advisory (CRMA):
The Credit Risk Management & Advisory Department (“CRMA”) is a central part of the Goldman Sachs risk management framework, with primary responsibility for assessing, monitoring and managing credit risk at the Firm. CRMA is staffed globally with offices including New York, London, Frankfurt, Salt Lake City, Singapore, Sydney, Hong Kong and Tokyo. Understanding the credit quality of corporations, financial institutions and governments worldwide is an essential aspect of the firm’s ability to be an effective financial intermediary. Credit professionals with expertise in financial, credit and risk analysis work closely with many areas of the firm as well as clients in either an advisory or transactional capacity, offering a unique opportunity to gain a broad perspective on the activities of the Firm.
We partner with other divisions in the firm and externally with clients to support the firm’s wide array of banking and trading business. CRMA professionals are part of the value proposition of the firm and we balance our key functional responsibility of control with that of being commercial. CRMA has strong traditions of risk management, client service excellence and career development opportunities for our people.
As an Analyst on the Bank Loan Team, your typical responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the preparation of daily, weekly, and monthly risk and regulatory capital records
- Analyze, monitor and report the firm’s credit exposures across lending products for various business units
- Become familiar with the Firm’s Leveraged Lending guidelines and Regulatory guidance/policies surrounding Leveraged Lending
- Identify, monitor and resolve credit limit exceptions
- Assist in qualitative credit analysis including loan and derivative covenant review
- Document process flows and for the functions performed and share this knowledge with other new analysts
- Take initiative to identify opportunities for process improvements and develop methods to reduce risks, increase controls, and increase customer satisfaction
- Work independently in order to research and troubleshoot problems
- Accountable for the accuracy and quality of work and appropriately escalating any unresolved issues to management
- Develop an understanding of the financial services industry and the Firm’s business activities, with an emphasis on Debt Capital Markets
Basic Qualifications• Bachelor’s Degree
- Functional background or relevant experience in finance is preferable
- Experience in loan markets and corporate finance desired
- Highly motivated with strong academic background
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both oral and written
- Team player with an ability to work effectively with colleagues in other regional offices
- Flexibility, ability to learn quickly
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top