Credit Risk, Credit Ratings Advisory, Analyst, New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Credit Rating Advisory group is responsible for providing our Investment Banking clients with advice and services relating to their credit profile, financing options and credit rating considerations. The group works in tandem with our Investment Banking, Merger & Acquisition, Financing Group, and Risk Management colleagues and plays an integral role in structuring integrated corporate finance and financing solutions.
Staffed globally with offices in New York, London, and Asia, the Credit Rating Advisory group leverages its extensive expertise in financial, credit and rating analysis to provide astute, objective transactional and advisory judgments to the firm and its clients. Are you passionate about corporate finance?
We're looking for a professional to join our Credit Rating Advisory team who wants to use their skills to provide vital credit analysis and advice to our clients.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Perform capital structure analysis in the context of M&A, LBOs, restructurings, etc
- Estimate potential rating and rating impact of transactions
- Develop and audit models applied to credit and rating assessments
- Participate in initial ratings processes for clients
- Develop knowledge of rating agency methodologies, track evolutions of criteria
- Establish a network of contacts at the rating agencies
- Participate in client meetings on rating related matters Basic Qualifications
- Degree in Economics / Finance / Accounting related discipline is preferable
- Experience with modeling and financial statements analysis
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work flexibly as part of multiple teams and autonomously
- Ability to juggle changing priorities and a varied workload
- Experience assessing credit worthiness, financing options and potential credit rating in a previous job / internship will be helpful
- Language skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top