Credit Risk Associate
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world
Marcus by Goldman Sachs provides products to help people manage their finances. The first product from Marcus is a fixed-rate, no-fee unsecured personal loan that enables customers to tailor their monthly payment options to fit their schedule and budget. Marcus, a brand of Goldman Sachs, benefits from the firm's 147-year history of financial expertise, risk management and customer service.
- Design, build and implement best in class credit decision infrastructure for digital banking products for top global financial firm.
- Identify multitudes of data sources and build processing capability to retain highest degree of information value for credit modelling and strategy development.
- Build capability to process hundreds of attributes to run optimization algorithms with complex constraints to determine underwriting decision, loan amount and pricing.
- Collaborate with marketing, analytics, decision science, operation and technology to build a seamless credit decision framework over customer lifecycle that covers targeting, underwriting and servicing of loans.
- Build and optimize existing customer management strategies to improve customer level profitability.
- Analyze and evaluate potential vendors/data providers for incremental value in credit management strategies in a continuous improvement environment.
- Keep up to date with applicable regulations and compliance requirements with possible interactions with internal and external regulators.
Basic Qualifications- 8+ years of experience working for a financial services company in risk management and other quantitative function.
- Master's degree (U.S. or equivalent) in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or a related field.
- Prior work experience must include:
- Building, improving, or analyzing risk management in a digital consumer or small business lending context
- Expert knowledge of U.S. credit bureau data and Risk Scorecards building infrastructure.
- Utilizing SAS, R, Python (or similar) for advanced statistical analysis for strategy development.
- Hands on experience on credit policy implementation using end to end decision engine and loan origination systems.
- Deep understanding of available technology, products and pain points of credit decision execution.
- Managing several projects simultaneously and driving end-to-end project delivery
- Experience developing policy and procedures documentation for credit risk strategy execution.
- Develop and automate quality control process to ensure intended execution of credit strategies.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top