Credit Risk Analyst/Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
CONSUMER AND COMMERCIAL BANKING
In Goldman Sachs Bank USA, we offer a wide range of solutions to help our customers meet their financial goals. Our teams seek to provide the highest level of customer service and support in everything we do. The Bank offers high yield savings accounts and a variety of loan products to individuals and private bank, corporate and community clients. Our savings products include an online savings account and certificates of deposit in a variety of terms.
Digital Finance is composed of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses which include the online consumer lending business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, the firm's first-ever direct-to-consumer platform built from the ground up, and the online consumer deposits business, GS Bank. These businesses offer personal loans and savings products to customers throughout the United States. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 147-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up to help our customers achieve financial progress through customizable solutions that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Perform statistic-driven credit underwriting and risk analyses using a variety of analytical techniques and data sources for the development of digital lending across accept/ decline, pricing and term optimization.
- Analyze credit bureau data to identify and derive attributes for credit risk decision.
- Build and optimize existing customer management strategies to improve customer level profitability.
- Determine optimal decision process in terms of validation of income and ability to pay to drive improved credit performance with least incremental friction for customers.
- Partner with marketing, finance and operations teams to ensure appropriate execution of credit policy requirements.
- Analyze and evaluate potential vendors/data providers for incremental value in credit management strategies in a continuous improvement environment.
- Keep up-to-date on applicable regulations and compliance requirements with possible interactions with internal and external regulators.
- Develop analytical reports and presentations for senior management, executive committees and regulatory exams.
- Master's degree (U.S. or equivalent) in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in the job offered or in a quantitative research position for analyst and 5+ years of experience for associates.
Prior work experience must include:
- Building, improving, or analyzing risk management in a digital consumer or small business lending or similar data driven industries like insurance
- Utilizing knowledge of U.S. credit bureau data, Risk Scorecards and ability to pay quantification
- Utilizing SAS, R, Python (or similar) for statistical modeling and analyzing time-series data
- Using advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel (including creation of pivot tables, logic functions, data tables and regression analysis), PowerPoint and Word
- Visualizing complex data analyses and communicating to a wide variety of audiences, including senior leadership
- Developing comprehensive risk management reports using SQL or a similar database query language for extracting data from large datasets
- Managing several projects simultaneously and driving end-to-end project delivery
- Developing policy and procedures documentation for credit risk strategy execution
- Developing and automating quality control process to ensure intended execution of credit strategies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top