Credit Alternatives - Private Credit, Analyst
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management – Credit Alternatives is looking to hire a talented Analyst to work within its growing Private Credit Group ("PCG"). The Credit Alternatives group is an opportunistic credit platform within Goldman Sachs Asset Management with approximately $5 billion under management across various investment vehicles including a specialty lending vehicle (GS BDC, Inc., a Business Development Company), hedge funds, registered funds and separate accounts. The PCG invests primarily out of the GS BDC which currently manages approximately $1 billion of capital.
The Analyst will be an integral member of the PCG investing team and will invest across the capital structure in private credit markets. Deal teams within the PCG typically consist of 2 investment professionals only, so the ideal Analyst must be able to handle significant responsibility for investment review and deal execution. PCG is seeking an Analyst that will be able to contribute immediately to expanding the team's investment capability.
- Analyzing potential investment opportunities via offering memorandum review, industry research, financial modeling, financial statement review, interaction with and assessment of management, use of consultants, speaking with customers/suppliers, etc.
- Preparing brief screening memos for new investment opportunities and investment committee memos used for formal investment approval process
- Interfacing directly with private equity funds, C-level executives, other professionals within Goldman Sachs and third party due diligence providers during deal origination and execution process
- Participating in the transaction closing process which includes legal documentation and funding operations
- Performing ongoing due diligence and monitoring of portfolio companies and communicating updates to the investment committee (orally and in writing)
Basic Qualifications• 1-2 years of experience in investment banking (leveraged finance, sponsors group or M&A preferred, but not required), private equity, private credit, management consulting and/or other relevant fields
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Interest in investing in different industries
- Well-rounded team player with energy and enthusiasm
- Good mathematical grounding
- Accounting knowledge and financial modeling aptitude (required)
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top