Corporate Treasury, Analyst, Tokyo/Hong Kong
The mission of Corporate Treasury is to manage the firm's liquidity, funding, balance sheet and other financial resources to ensure the firm is resilient in its ability to carry out its activities. As part of the firm's 1st line of defense, Treasury measures, monitors, evaluates and manages risk in those resources, in the context of all applicable regulatory requirements as well as the firm's own risk appetite, including impacts on reputation risks. Treasury manages the raising and repayment of the firm's capital and funding by leveraging various street facing agents in the revenue divisions. Treasury is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics, attention to detail and who can work collaboratively and think across disciplines.
YOUR IMPACT AND YOUR POTENTIAL
We're looking for a professional to join our Treasury team in our Tokyo office. A successful candidate will be able to utilize her/his skills and ideas to raise funding from the regional markets, manage capital and liquidity of Goldman Sachs, participate in exciting firmwide strategy initiatives, and work collaboratively with other departments and teams to ensure the firm is well-prepared for normal business as well as for stressed scenarios. It is a great opportunity to make a direct impact to the bottom line through funding, capital and other resources efficiency.
Taking into consideration of an individual's personal qualification/experiences, preference and the needs of the team, we will assign the successful candidate to a subset of the following responsibilities.
- Raise funding for the firm in the region and work as part of the global funding team
- Manage various secured and unsecured funding programs, such as repo funding, structured notes, unsecured bond issuance, in partnership with other divisions
- Manage and optimize the firm's liquidity pool
- Manage and optimize firm/customer inventory and collateral
- Optimize the level and composition of the firm's capital base relative to its risk profile
- Analyze new business initiatives and products to assess their impact on funding requirements and regulatory capital
- Manage currency funding in close cooperation with currency traders
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Highly-motivated with good commercial perspective and ability to lead projects and cross-divisional initiatives
- Ability to work on multiple projects with a high attention to detail and good judgment on prioritization
- Ability to analyze, prioritize, evaluate and form independent judgments
- Ability to interact and build relationships with people from different departments and levels of seniority
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English is required. Proficiency in Japanese is required.
- Approximately 1 to 4 years of working experience in Treasury or finance-related functions in a major financial institution or corporate
- Strong Microsoft skills are preferred and coding inclination is a big plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Kelsey L.Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top