Corporate Services and Real Estate (CSRE), Travel Services, Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Consisting of Corporate Services and Real Estate (CSRE) and the Office of Global Security (OGS), our teams drive productivity and enable the firm's flow of business while ensuring its safety and security. CSRE acquires, develops and manages the firm's global real estate portfolio and delivers innovative market development, document management and hospitality related services to internal partners in the firm. CSRE's vision is to provide the world's best workplace to the people of Goldman Sachs. OGS's mission is to protect the firm's people, assets, and reputation and in doing so provides people protection, physical security, fire safety and crisis management. We look for achievement-oriented, creative individuals who perform at their best in a diverse team environment and are motivated by tangible results.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Travel Services team is responsible for the firm's global travel policy and program. The position is responsible for managing the global commercial, optimization and operational activities for Travel Services.
- Coordinate firmwide Travel policy and program including management of changes and updates
- Manage Travel commercial optimization program to effectively leverage vendor negotiated rates
- Coordinate global operations of the firm's Travel Management Company (TMC)
- Partner with Travel Managers and TMC relationship owner to measure TMC service delivery
- Liaise with Finance to monitor and report commercial condition of the global Travel program
- Ensure vendor financial settlement processes are managed and executed successfully
- Oversee development, execution and administration of global education and awareness program
- Partner with internal stakeholders to prepare and deliver communication updates
Experience / Skills
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a related role with relevant travel industry experience preferred
- Strong commercial understanding of global corporate travel programs
- Experience managing or contributing to the management of travel policies and programs
- Has skills in managing activities of third parties to optimize negotiated rate utilization
- Understands contracts and rate structures negotiated with travel providers
- Ability to shape and manage commercial tracking and reporting solutions
- Familiarity with TMC operations and managing performance against contracted service levels
- Knowledge of travel reporting tools and systems including online booking platforms
- Experience developing and executing communication and training strategies
- Can oversee short- and long-term education and awareness activities supporting program goals
- Project management skills with ability to influence key decision makers
- Well organized with ability to work on multiple competing deliverables
- Can contribute effectively in a dynamic global, virtual team
- Fast learner with exceptional attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Proactive and able to take ownership for deliverables including the output of other team members
- Strong analytical skills with ability to analyze problems and plan activities logically
- Ability to challenge the status quo and seek dynamic commercial solutions
- Strong communication skills with ability to engage effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to create and leverage external networks to benchmark and enhance solutions
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top