Corporate Services and Real Estate (CSRE), Procurement and Vendor Management, Infrastructure, Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Consisting of Corporate Services and Real Estate (CSRE) and the Office of Global Security (OGS), our teams drive productivity and enable the firm's flow of business while ensuring its safety and security. CSRE acquires, develops and manages the firm's global real estate portfolio and delivers innovative market development, document management and hospitality related services to internal partners in the firm. CSRE's vision is to provide the world's best workplace to the people of Goldman Sachs. OGS's mission is to protect the firm's people, assets, and reputation and in doing so provides people protection, physical security, fire safety and crisis management. We look for achievement-oriented, creative individuals who perform at their best in a diverse team environment and are motivated by tangible results.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Procurement and Vendor Management (PVM) team is a global team responsible for enabling the firm to actively and effectively manage its vendor population and associated risks while driving commercial value through the development and execution of supply category strategies.
The candidate will be an Associate within the PVM Infrastructure team in Jersey City, NJ. The Associate position will report to the PVM Infrastructure Lead in Jersey City, NJ.
- Become the Subject Matter Expert of the technology supporting the procurement, vendor management and contract management processes to provide advice and ensure compliance on the optimized use of the system
- Define, analyze, design, and document business requirements, offer simplifications to requirements and manage changes made to requirements
- Support and maintain the infrastructure priorities and strategy globally
- Build strong business relationships with stakeholders firmwide to understand impact on the program based on their business and initiatives, including potential internal and external integrations
- Drive the implementation of new systems or functionality (internal or external) and the change management process globally to avoid disruption in current program procedures
- Liaise with technology developers in communicating business requirements, data migration, testing and deployment of new infrastructure capabilities
- Develop and lead End User Acceptance Testing (UAT) cycles including creating manual test scripts and manage the testing population results and queries
- Support the day-to-day technical queries from the PVM team related to system logic and perform defect/data analysis as well as support specific audits, internal and external
- Manage the governance around the infrastructure used for the vendor management program, its risk management, oversight and operational requirements
- Drive projects for continuous process improvement and bring innovation into the team. Lead initiatives / projects from inception to completion
- Be a key member of the global PVM team to support the development of overall program objectives, priorities and roadmaps
- Communicate progress and decision points for projects to relevant functions and maintain key documentation of approvals where required
Experience / Skills
Mandatory Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 3-4 years relevant experience in Software Development Lifecycle
- Knowledge of sourcing, supply chain management, contract administration, vendor management, operational risk management, procurement lifecycle and vendor engagement
- Ability to interpret, analyze and compare large data sets and multiple documents
- Strong project management and change management skills
- Strong written and oral communication, administrative, and organizational skills
- A high degree of personal and professional ethics and integrity
- Ability to coordinate and interact effectively with global colleagues
- Ability to handle conflicting priorities and multiple deadlines
- Ability to easily adapt to a dynamic and changing organization
- Knowledge of e-Sourcing platforms eg. SAP, ARIBA and experience in publishing reports leveraging such platform will be an added advantage
- People management experience
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to highlight process gaps with actionable solutions
- Ability to maintain a challenging schedule and manage competing deadlines
- A team-oriented person who is able to work with and complement other individuals in working toward and accomplishing a common set of goals
- A flexible and nimble approach to work
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top