Corporate Cash Management - CCBD Tech - Data Modeling
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
Corporate Cash Management
We aim to build a modern and digital-first cash management solution to serve our clients. Our business combines the strength, heritage, and expertise of a 150-year-old firm with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Our goal is to provide a best-in-class digital product that helps clients to succeed by giving them a holistic view of their business. Through the use of modern technology built on the cloud, we are the alternative to legacy platforms. We're a team of diverse experts helping our clients to build the future of their Treasury.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Define and architecture across Infrastructure and modeling methodologies.
- Ensure that data sets conform to logical and semantic standards with clear business definitions .
- Own the platform data model including access control, architecture changes, new system builds and enhancements.
- Encapsulate our models and definitions in a centralized data dictionary. Steward its utility, own its reliability , and enforce scalable change management.
- Develop expertise in subject areas represented by our data, understand what questions are answerable today and need to be answered tomorrow
- Understand data lineage and forecast impact of changes to our data on downstream systems .
- Facilitate communication between internal departments for shared use of data and definition s .
- Be on the front-lines of new projects to surface business requirements for data platform .
- Maintain relationships with key contacts and senior managers across all BU's
- Bachelor's Degree (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Business or other relevant degree) with a minimum 3.0 GPA equivalent
- Between 3-7 years of experience with at least 3 years in data modeling (across data warehouse, or NOSQL ecosystems), technical business analysis, ETL and business intelligence
- Strong record of delivery on multi-disciplinary
- Expertise in database and data warehousing concepts (e.g. star schema, entitlement implementations, SQL v/s NOSQL modeling, mile stoning, indexing, partitioning)
- Strong Problem Solving skills, self-directed and self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to liaise with both technical and non-technical teams
- Experience with data strategy, data governance and standards, data architecture principles, and metadata management best practices
- Experience in database performance tuning & optimizing complex SQL queries
- Background in the financial industry (Financial Services or Fin-Tech)
- Working knowledge of UML or BPM
- Experience with analytics databases such as Snowflake or Redshift
- Project Management and organizational skills
- Basic programming skills e.g., Scripting, VBA, C, etc.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top