Corporate and Workplace Solutions - Strategic Sourcing - HCM Category Manager - Associate/VP - Dallas
- Dallas, TX
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Who We Are
The Corporate and Workplace Solutions Division (CWS) is comprised of Corporate and Workplace Solutions and the Office of Global Security. Our team focuses on commercial management, client support, advisory solutions, strategic planning, risk management, people security, real estate strategy and the enablement of collaboration and productivity tools across the firm.
Corporate and Workplace Solutions
We deliver a world-class work experience and environment, managing the firm's corporate real estate strategy, client engagement solutions, essential commercial and risk management functions and flexible digital workstyles that drive the firm's operating efficiency and productivity.
How We're Organized
Real Estate - Encompasses end-to-end strategic real estate work from transactions to facilities. Departments include Real Estate Strategy, Real Estate Development and Facilities.
Spend Management - Aligns all commercial advisory and risk management functions that drive operating efficiency. Departments include Product Finance, Strategic Sourcing, Third Party Governance, Procure to Pay and Infrastructure & Transformation.
Client Engagement - Reflects partnership with internal clients in developing and delivering world-class solutions for the firm. Departments include Document Management, Events, Hospitality and Travel.
CWS Engineering - Aligns all engineering functions integral to the successful performance of the division. Departments include Digital Workplace, Client & Production Engineering, Corporate Engineering and Spend, Data and Automation and Product Success and Delivery Engineering.
Divisional Management (COO) - Aligns division-wide functions to drive strategic cohesiveness, consistency and efficiency. Departments include Business Unit Management, Communications and User Engagement, Risk and Environmental, Social & Governance.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Strategic sourcing professionals within CWS partner with businesses across the firm in order to foster a competitive (and diverse) vendor environment which mitigates risk and maximizes value. Strategic Sourcing role is to drive informed procurement decisions that create sustainable value at optimal cost. In addition, Sourcing is responsible for helping develop vendor management programs, drive spend compliance through tools and infrastructure and influence increase in diverse spend across the firm.
Reporting to Strategic Sourcing Leadership team and Global Category Lead where applicable, the procurement management professional based in us, will have a lead role in driving procurement and commercial decisions in vendor expenses. In addition, the role will be responsible for the day to day management of more junior team member(s) when require
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work collaboratively to deploy human resource category management techniques to develop multi-year global strategies which support the delivery of the firm's commercial and operational objectives
- Partner with business and functional leadership to understand short, medium and long-term third party requirements including demand management
- Responsible for HR Procurement strategy creation and execution of key initiatives
- Identify and implement best practices in procurement, commercial and vendor management for HR vendors
- Drive supply side initiatives to reduce or contain risk, and / or create commercial and revenue generating opportunities
- Ensure appropriate contract structures / types, pricing models, vendor incentive models, service level agreements, performance indicators and cost models are applied consistently across vendors
- In conjunction with the business drive vendor commercial management with the firm's key vendors
- Partner with internal and external legal counsel to ensure proper forms of Agreement are utilized, contractor conformance with the terms and conditions of the Agreements, and refinement of Agreements as required
- Manage compliance with and provide reporting on the firm's commitments in relation to citizenship, for example CSR and diversity
- Facilitate sharing knowledge, experiences and best practice within and across global Strategic Sourcing team
- Role based in Dallas, with potential for regional travels as required
- Minimum three years' experience in Strategic Souring and Category management, particularity in the indirect spend with a preference in corporate services sourcing, real estate development and added advantage if any experience in technology sourcing
- Must have strong technical, strategic and project management skills as well as a strong foundation in supply chain management, sourcing and procurement, project management vendor management legal and contracting or operational risk management
- Bachelors / Post Graduation; and in addition if any relevant professional qualifications
- Functional Expertise - Understanding of strategic procurement, category management approach and procurement value proposition
- Strategic Approach - Needs to be able to effectively create Category strategies with the ability to influence and guide key stakeholders with sourcing decisions. Needs to clearly understand and articulate the Procurement value proposition and demonstrate clear strategic thinking / intent within work product
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Client and Business Focus - Strong stakeholder engagement skills. Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trust, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Experience of successfully negotiating complex, high-profile contracts, including incentivized service level agreements
- Excellent client management skills and experience in leading projects involving a range of stakeholders.
- Track record of being a team player collaborating with others within and across teams
- Proven, strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Professional and measured approach that has creditability within industry and with peers
- Strong executive-level communication/presentation skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strategic thinker with strong implementation ability
- Proficient with the suite of Microsoft Office software
- Experience of Ariba sourcing tool, PMWeb or other sourcing procure to pay tools
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top