MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Comprised of Corporate and Workspace Solutions (CWS) and the Office of Global Security (OGS), the division focuses on commercial management, client support, advisory solutions, strategic planning, risk management, people security, real estate and technology solutions. The division delivers a world-class work experience and environment to the people of Goldman Sachs. We effectively manage the firm's third party operating expense, including fostering opportunities to innovate and enable sustainable approaches, while also managing the risks associated with vendor engagements and a contingent workforce. Our core disciplines, focus on the following areas: Third Party Governance, Strategic Sourcing, Infrastructure and Transformation, Procure to Pay, and Product Finance.
The objective of the Procure to Pay (P2P) group is to deliver commercial value and front-to-back cost transparency across the firm. Under the Spend Management umbrella and focused on the front-to-back theme the Procure to Pay team is divided into 3 pillars - Procurement Management, Expense Management and Accounting & Tax Control.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
This role will be responsible for directing and coordinating all aspects of Expense Management activities. This person will be the internal subject matter expert for the processing and control of external vendor fees and travel & expense, and is expected to manage the relationship with the stakeholders from all the divisions in the firm and work effectively with our partner companies who support the operational processes/employee's expense program as well as any other internal expense management systems.
This role will oversee, support and maintain the day to day activities of all Expense Management functions including payment to vendors & service providers, employees' travel & expense, supplier profile set-up, tax & regulatory reporting, query management, and policy adherence for Asia entities
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage payments to vendors & service providers for Asia entities including vender profile set up and invoice processing in SAP payment platforms
- Acquire in depth understanding of the regulations, tax handling and accounting controls in multiple jurisdictions in Asia associated with vendor/ employees' travel & expense payments
- Understand and adhere the firm's policies on vendor governance, payment management and documentations
- Handle business and management ad-hoc queries and requests, respond to business queries on a timely basis
- Participate in firm wide platform changes relating to Expense Management
- Manage risks in the process by implementing and reviewing relevant controls
- Conduct data analysis to identify the trend/root cases in order to effectively engage the stakeholders to address problems and opportunities for improvements
- Develop and deliver training programs to the team and end-users
- Exhibit confidence in communicating in a variety of forums, sessions, formal presentations, training sessions and town halls
- Work with Engineering, Divisional Finance and internal departments/divisions from a third party operating expense angle
- Building relationships with businesses at all levels within the corporation will be a key success factor for this position
- Bachelor's degree with 1-3 years' experience in relevant profiles
- Knowledge and experience in accounts payable, invoice processing, employee's travel and expense, and vendor management
- Fluency in Chinese or Japanese for business context (reading, writing and spoken)
- ERP Knowledge, Implementation/Transformation experience on SAP (Concur, Ariba, Fieldglass, S4/HANA) is preferred
- Hands on experience in end to end GL activities, month-end activities (accruals, sub-ledger / general ledger posting and reconciliations) is an added advantage
- Corporate Card Feed management/operation and handling payments is an added advantage
- Comfortable with spreadsheets and excellent knowledge of Office products
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Should be able to effectively communicate and develop/sustain good working relationships with other teams and stakeholders
- Excellent partnership building skills and strong customer service perspective
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Forward thinking with the ability to assert new ideas and follow them through
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity