Corporate and Workplace Solutions, Real Estate, Real Estate Strategy, Associate, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
CORPORATE & WORKPLACE SOLUTIONS
WHO WE ARE
The Corporate and Workplace Solutions Division (CWS) is comprised of Corporate and Workplace Solutions and the Office of Global Security. Our team focuses on commercial management, client support, advisory solutions, strategic planning, risk management, people security, real estate strategy and the enablement of collaboration and productivity tools across the firm.
Corporate and Workplace Solutions
We deliver a world-class work experience and environment, managing the firm's corporate real estate strategy, client engagement solutions, essential commercial and risk management functions and flexible digital workstyles that drive the firm's operating efficiency and productivity.
Real Estate Strategy team are looking for an enthusiastic professional to join our team in Hong Kong who has experience in workplace / interior design and construction, change management, and client / stakeholder management. We are looking for someone who enjoys internal client / stakeholder engagement and working with them to address their space needs, assist in obtaining approvals through to project execution, change management, and move in.
We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity, and good communication skills who wants to make an impact to provide the best workplace strategy for the firm's business needs.
The real estate strategy team in CSRE oversees the strategy and implementation of the firm's real estate and workplace initiatives with the goal to provide the best workplace experience for the people of Goldman Sachs.
Consisting of Corporate Services and Real Estate (CSRE) and the Office of Global Security (OGS), our teams drive productivity and enable the firm's flow of business while ensuring its safety and security. CSRE acquires, develops and manages the firm's global real estate portfolio and delivers innovative market development, document management and hospitality related services to internal partners in the firm. CSRE's vision is to provide the world's best workplace to the people of Goldman Sachs. OGS's mission is to protect the firm's people, assets, and reputation and in doing so provides people protection, physical security, fire safety and crisis management. We look for achievement-oriented, creative individuals who perform at their best in a diverse team environment and are motivated by tangible results.
We are a regional team distributed within APAC, with has global / regional responsibilities on the development of the firm's workplace guidelines. This role will support a well-established real estate transaction and workplace team and report to the APAC Planning Lead in Hong Kong.
The Real Estate Planning team is responsible for:
- Site planning and selection - New office and existing office space, business continuity plan offices, data centers etc
- Long-term campus planning and scenario analysis
- Establishment of requirements and approvals for all new facility needs
- Establishment of requirements and approvals for all changes to existing facilities
- Program document formulation - project narrative, area of work, order of magnitude estimate (OME), timeframe
- Management of information and reporting related to real estate capacity, occupancy, and project status
- Reporting to the Head of Real Estate Planning and Transactions, this position is responsible for managing client relationships between business divisions and the Real Estate Strategy team dealing with spatial requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Report to the Regional Real Estate Planning Lead in the Asia Pacific region
- Assist the Regional Real Estate Planning Lead to build and manage relationships with divisional leaders and their teams regarding their minor moves, near term and long term space requirements (growth and rightsizing) and new business initiatives
- Coordinate with regional and global real estate strategy / planning leads on reviewing and updating guidelines & policies, best principles, design and planning standards
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders from Real Estate Development, Facilities Management, Financial Controls, Technology & Workplace Engineering, Wellness, etc and CSRE management teams to establish requirements and to facilitate approvals for real estate projects across the region
- Review, analyze, and provide recommendations based on internal policy on space utilization, seat demand and occupancy levels
- Assist in the development of project scope, test fit layouts, budget and schedule for client requests to create Program Document for sign off by business and senior leadership
- Assist in the formation and update on a quarterly basis of capital related projects based upon requirements from new initiatives, client's headcount needs, infrastructure planning, operational / repair & maintenance needs of the region
- Assist in preparing pipeline reports, project updates, detailing project status including budget and schedule risks, opportunities, decisions required, milestones, etc.
- Keep pace with industry changes, best practices and environmentally responsible design through education and professional association
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (Architecture, Interior Design, management consultant etc.)
- Minimum 7 years' experience in a related field
- Possess a strong risk and control mindset
- Demonstrated client service focus
- Workplace / Project management / Change Management experience
- Understands in good detail the space programming, design, construction process
- Familiarity with financial services industry strongly preferred
- Strong English & Chinese (Mandarin & Cantonese) communication skills; other languages a bonus
- Highly organized; attention to detail (especially data quality) and excellent follow-through required
- Analytical thinker, able to quickly assess situations, prioritize and multi-task
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confident candidate who is enthusiastic and a team player
- Ability to coordinate and interact effectively with global colleagues
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and changing organization
- Proficient with the suite of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD is required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top