Corporate and Workplace Solutions, Real Estate, Real Estate Development Lead, Vice President, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
CORPORATE & WORKPLACE SOLUTIONS
WHO WE ARE
The Corporate and Workplace Solutions Division (CWS) is comprised of Corporate and Workplace Solutions and the Office of Global Security. Our team focuses on commercial management, client support, advisory solutions, strategic planning, risk management, people security, real estate strategy and the enablement of collaboration and productivity tools across the firm.
Corporate and Workplace Solutions
We deliver a world-class work experience and environment, managing the firm's corporate real estate strategy, client engagement solutions, essential commercial and risk management functions and flexible digital workstyles that drive the firm's operating efficiency and productivity.
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional to join our team in Hong Kong who has experience in workplace / interior design and construction, change management, and client / stakeholder management.
We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity, and good communication skills who wants to make an impact to provide the best workplace strategy for the firm's business needs.
We are a regional team distributed within APAC, with global / regional responsibilities on the development of the firm's workplace. This role will support a well-established real estate team and report directly to the Head of CSRE Asia Pacific based in Hong Kong, and indirectly to Global Lead for Real Estate Development.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Lead and manage the execution and risk management of Asia Pacific's Real Estate development projects for corporate facilities. Complete responsibility for all aspects of capital projects including cost, schedule, scope, risk and quality during the design, procurement and construction of the complete range of projects including new development, engineering and architectural
- Lead a scalable team of external and internal project managers to manage the firm's Real Estate development projects in Asia Pacific. Manage and mentor staff to make certain that all training, resources and information are made available to them along with perspective and oversight to ensure success
- Build strong relationships with all contractors, consultants & external vendors, continually driving to provide commercial and innovative methods of operation across a wide range of projects (both financially and vocationally)
- Build long term, productive relationships, and engage effectively with all key internal clients and partners. Drive consensus amongst sometimes competing requirements of clients
- Develop and maintain a broad range of performance criteria and control mechanisms to ensure compliance with all appropriate regulations and to allow for internal and external benchmarking and performance measurement
- Co-ordinate with global Real Estate Development leads and counterparts in the Americas, India and EMEA to develop and ensure the adoption and dissemination of best practices in design, construction, procurement, infrastructure standards, workplace standards, and approach to project management
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (QS, PM, CM, Architecture, Building, Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering, Interior Design, management consultant etc.)
- Minimum of 10-15 years' design and construction experience in either a consulting, contracting or owner's environment. At least 5 years from in an owner's environment would be highly desirable
- Proven high level of technical and professional expertise ensuring compliance to code of conduct and ability to challenge with credibility within the internal team together with external vendors, consultants and other service providers
- Strong English & Chinese (Mandarin & Cantonese) communication skills; other languages a bonus
- Asia Pacific regional real estate development experience with local knowledge of some markets
- Proven ability to identify risk, put in place preventative measures and effectively able to respond to risk incidents. Adherence to compliance and code of conduct
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top