MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Who We Are
The Corporate and Workplace Solutions Division (CWS) is comprised of Corporate and Workplace Solutions and the Office of Global Security. Our team focuses on commercial management, client support, advisory solutions, strategic planning, risk management, people security, real estate strategy and the enablement of collaboration and productivity tools across the firm.
Corporate and Workplace Solutions
We deliver a world-class work experience and environment, managing the firm's corporate real estate strategy, client engagement solutions, essential commercial and risk management functions and flexible digital workstyles that drive the firm's operating efficiency and productivity.
How We're Organized
Real Estate - Encompasses end-to-end strategic real estate work from transactions to facilities. Departments include Real Estate Strategy, Real Estate Development and Facilities.
Spend Management - Aligns all commercial advisory and risk management functions that drive operating efficiency. Departments include Product Finance, Strategic Sourcing, Third Party Governance, Procure to Pay and Infrastructure & Transformation.
Client Engagement - Reflects partnership with internal clients in developing and delivering world-class solutions for the firm. Departments include Document Management, Events, Hospitality and Travel.
CWS Engineering - Aligns all engineering functions integral to the successful performance of the division. Departments include Digital Workplace, Client & Production Engineering, Corporate Engineering and Spend, Data and Automation and Product Success and Delivery Engineering.
Divisional Management (COO) - Aligns division-wide functions to drive strategic cohesiveness, consistency and efficiency. Departments include Business Unit Management, Communications and User Engagement, Risk and Environmental, Social & Governance.
In this role the candidate will be responsible for the tactical management of development projects. This individual must be a 'hands-on', achiever who will manage a complete project life cycle, its design completion and construction as well as relationships with key stakeholders including but not limited to Operators, Architects & Engineers, and Contractors. Given the firm's global real estate portfolio, this individual must have good interpersonal skills and be flexible enough to adapt to different cultural and labor environments while striving for the highest possible standards.
The individual must be a disciplined professional possessing best in class organizational skills and proven experience in the delivery of complex, high quality development projects. Management duties include owner related procurement, project execution, and project close out. Duties will be executed with a lean internal staff and a highly leveraged consultant and vendor staff including strong, on-site Project Management support by a third party. You will be responsible for monitoring budgets and ensuring that Operating Standards and quality levels are met within schedule. Project Estimating experience is desirable in the disposition of these functions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Day to day direction and oversight of on-site supervision and project management, Owner related planning, FF&E and OS&E planning and schedules, and assisting with the financial aspects of the development.
- Maintenance of systems and procedures and ensuring coordination of activities between all parties to the project - i.e. PM's, consultants, CM, Owner, operators.
- Origination and interpretation of, budgets and controls, assist in preparation of cash flows.
- Preparation, management, reporting and control of project schedules.
- Working with design consultants and contractors in order to complete value-engineering and constructability reviews.
- Ability to manage and work with a diverse team with good interpersonal, technical, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Coordination and integration of key stakeholder participation and project lifecycle to ensure successful turnover to operations.
- Provide consistent reporting to senior members, identifying and escalating project risks real time, as well as working with team members to provide effective solutions
- Initiating and implementing all activities and "making things happen." Acting as a strategic and tactical planner.
- Clearly communicating project goals and objectives and leading the project's on-going operations.
- Assisting Capital Management with the preparation and management of all financial reporting.
- With the assistance of other project team members, monitor and control the reporting systems and procedures established by the company for evaluating project results as to cost, schedule, quality, and client relationship keeping informed of all such activities and performance.
- Coordination and management of design professionals, i.e.: architects, engineers, landscape architects, interior designers, graphic designers, and specialty consultants. Make performance evaluations of same.
- Administer objectives and strategies with the construction management team in leading construction and operator turnover activities.
- Assists Capital Management Team in preparing Budgets, Cash Flows, and Financial reports required for the project.
- Approval of Schedules of Value/Applications for Payment.
- Monitor CM's cost estimate and trend logs.
- Monitor CM's subcontractor buyouts.
- Decision-making responsibility and elevates appropriate issues to direct reports
- Will prepare and present project status reports at monthly updates to executive management with accountability
- Provide leadership of field coordination and direction during construction
- High level of design and documentation management responsibilities
- Assist in the management of relationships with owner/operator and is the primary representative for Corporate and Workplace Solutions (CWS) for Project Management and delivery.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Architecture/Construction Management, ideally with technical knowledge of construction processes related to MEP
- Minimum of 5 years' design and construction experience in either a consulting, contracting or owner's environment.
- Ability for read Construction Documents and Specifications.
- Proven high level of technical and professional expertise ensuring compliance to code of conduct and ability to challenge with credibility within the internal team together with external vendors, consultants and other service providers
- Proficient in the use of technology, including PM software, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project) with the ability to compile dashboards and presentations
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of stakeholders. Other languages a bonus
- Proven ability to identify risk, put in place preventative measures and effectively able to respond to risk incidents. Adherence to compliance and code of conduct