Corporate and Workplace Solutions - Procure to Pay - Tax Control Associate - Bengaluru
- Bangalore, India
This is a challenging role in a global, real-time environment with exposure to a wide range of financial products. It is focused on teamwork, exception management, continuous improvement and proactive control. The Portfolio Control team is seeking a professional who can collaborate effectively across functional groups in the active mitigation of operational risk.
Goldman Sachs is leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world. We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and upholding our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasize integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role requires an individual to be responsible for delivery of key functions in the Services department. Requires efficient management of risks associated with process. This includes driving forward key initiatives, identifying opportunities for improved efficiencies and involvement in projects both globally and regionally. Individual needs to exhibit the ability to identify problems and control gaps and come up with innovative solutions to mitigate the risk. The role also demands the ability to effectively communicate with stake holders across different regions including Firm-wide Divisional and Senior management team. Interface with senior management, business unit managers, divisional finance, controllers and tax departments. They will also have continual contact with our global offices in Americas and Singapore.
- Tax compliance for India, US and EMEA region towards Vendor payable process.
- Manage TDS (Withholding tax) and GST (Goods and Sales Tax) process for India entities.
- Ensure accurate monthly tax computation and payments.
- Facilitating statutory and tax audits for the functions managed.
- Annual US Withholding computation and issuance of tax forms to vendors in compliance with 1042s.
- Annual US 1099 review and reporting
- Ensuring proper VAT booking and reconciliation for EMEA region.
- Interpretation and implementation of changes in tax legislation and rules.
- Managing relationship with tax consultants
- Managing Reconciliation process (Ledger vs Sub-Ledger).
- Month end closure and accruals postings.
- Manage clearing accounts and ensure cash/GL break resolutions
- Inter CA / MBA
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Should be able to effectively communicate and develop/sustain good working relationships with other teams and stakeholders
- Ability to achieve high levels of productivity and accuracy during periods of increased volume and retain risk and control focus is also essential to the role
- Excellent partnership building skills and strong customer service perspective
- Good teamwork skills and ability to work with a wide user group in different regions of the world
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Committed and proactive with a desire to succeed
- Forward thinking with the ability to assert new ideas and follow them through
- Change management - The ability to identify opportunities for improvement in order to gain efficiencies and enhance controls
- ERP Implementation/Transformation experience - SAP Sub-ledger, CONCUR, ARIBA
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top