Core Systems Engineer - Vendor Management - CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs Engineering
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
CONSUMER (MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS)
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the firm's consumer business, combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with 150 years of experience. Today, Marcus has $50 billion in deposits, $5 billion in loan balances and 4 million customers across our lending and deposits businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. We are backed by our unique team, comprised of individual contributors from leading agile technology companies, fintechs and consumer financial services companies, allowing us to disrupt the industry, while helping consumers take control of their financial lives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
How you will fulfill your potential
- The Core Systems Engineering team is responsible for the availability, performance, monitoring, incident response and resolution for the core systems in Marcus.
- Run the Production environment, taking a holistic view of system health and meeting all supportability requirements, including documentation, monitoring, logging, high availability configuration, capacity and disaster recovery plans
- Work closely with Architecture, Application Development and Vendors to ensure requirements are addressed holistically
Skills and experience we are looking for
- Demonstrable involvement with continuous improvement and automation initiatives, including patching and maintenance of production systems, required
- Experience in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with managing technology controls and frameworks such as ITIL, COSO and CObIT
- Proven experience with managing vendors in a blended technology environment
- Familiarity with infrastructure migration, virtualization, cloud computing and containerization required
- An SRE mindset, including using code to reduce work and increase availability and reliability
- 5+ years working with major cloud solutions (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) desired
- Experience with automation scripting languages. Terraform and Ansible preferred
- Must have a high level understanding of security risks as they apply to cloud solutions
- BS or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related technical engineering field
- Experience and curiosity in debugging and optimizing code for routine task automation
- Strong interpersonal skills, drive, and ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skill required
- Must be a collaborative team-player
- Energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
- Intuitively coalesce towards problems with an open mind, within the context of a team
- Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
- Strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team
- Independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environments
- Can manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ensures accuracy of the information entered into the production scheduling systems
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of information entered in problem management systems
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top