Core Systems Engineer - Lead Infrastructure Engineer - CIMD - Marcus by Goldman Sachs Engineering
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The firm's Consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, combines the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with more than 150 years of experience. Today, we serve millions of customers across multiple products including lending, deposits, financial tools, and our partnership with Apple on Apple Card. We use innovative design, data, engineering and other core capabilities to provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we are looking for leaders and individual contributors to join our team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
How you will fulfill your potential
- The Core Systems Engineering team is responsible for the availability, performance, monitoring, incident response and resolution for the core systems in Marcus.
- Lead the migration of a mission critical system from the data center to the cloud, building the automation and tooling to take advantage of the cloud
- Run the Production environment, taking a holistic view of system health and meeting all supportability requirements, including documentation, monitoring, logging, high availability configuration, capacity and disaster recovery plans
- Work closely with Architecture, Application Development and Vendors to ensure requirements are addressed holistically
Skills and experience we are looking for
- Proven experience leading engineering teams on transformational projects.
- Experience with cloud migration is a must
- Experience defining and implementing technology strategy on large, multi-technology platforms
- Demonstrable involvement with continuous improvement and automation initiatives, including patching and maintenance of production systems, required
- Experience in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed Windows systems
- Experience with infrastructure migration, virtualization, cloud computing and containerization required
- Full-stack engineering experience required. Preferred stack is java, C##, Windows Server 2016 and SQL Server 2016
- Must have a high level understanding of security risks as they apply to cloud solutions
- Must have an SRE mindset
- BS or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related technical engineering field
- Experience and curiosity in debugging and optimizing code for routine task automation
- Strong interpersonal skills, drive, and ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skill required
- Must be a collaborative team-player
- Energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
- Intuitively coalesce towards problems with an open mind, within the context of a team
- Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
- Strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team
- Independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environments
- Can manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ensures accuracy of the information entered into the production scheduling systems
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of information entered in problem management systems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top