Core Java Developer - Data Model Engineering - Data Intelligence
WHO WE ARE
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals.
Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Core Engineering provides the platforms and tools that enable the business-facing technology teams to deliver first-class solutions. In providing technology for technologists we concentrate on delivering the deep technical qualities and abilities that free the front-line technologists to focus on business value for the firm and its clients.
Data Model Engineering provides the platform that unlocks the firm's data by providing the means to describe, access and manipulate it. It is the heart of a data-centric approach to application development. We engineer modelling languages, Software Deverlopment Lifecycle tools, large-scale operational services and portals for access and analysis to achieve this.
Data Model Engineering is part of the Data Intelligence platform whose purpose is to extract the maximum value from the firm's data at all stages of its life.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Implementation of new features and evolution of existing solutions to high-quality standards
- Design discussion and review to shape the evolution of the platform
- Leverage technologies and standards to automate and improve all aspects of the platform
- Support and educate clients in their use of the platform
- Root cause analyses and resolutions of language, tooling and hosted-environment failures
- Degree qualification in Computer Science or related field
- Java or related JVM development experience
- Strong technical ability, willing to learn and evolve your skills with advances in Technology
- Team player, eager to work in a global organization
- An interest in functional programming
- Experience with Model Driven Architecture
- Programming Language design and implementation
- Experience of data modelling and SQL
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Kelsey L.Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top