Core Infrastructure Software Engineer, Equities Systematic Market Making Strats, Global Markets, Vice President, London
- London, United Kingdom
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Goldman Sachs continues to develop its systematic market making business in Europe. The business includes a high throughput, low-latency trading platform that connects to trading venues where system performance provides a competitive advantage and, additionally, an integrated research platform. The platform has a modern foundation, and needs highly skilled, enthusiastic engineers to continue building components and new trading applications.
Equities Systematic Market Making business in Securities Division serves external and internal clients by providing various principal liquidity and market making solutions. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team in which engineers, researchers and traders working very closely, who share a passion for commercial delivery and operate in fast-paced environments. The team runs highly automated trading strategies through latency critical systems. Researchers and traders focus on developing predictive models, risk management and quoting strategies, and eventually productionize the commercial valuable results. Engineers focus on delivering components and high performance trading applications that implements our business activities.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Build low latency connectivity to external venues
- Build components for trading applications, such as market data feeds, quoting management, order gateways
- Build trading applications for various business activities
- Enhance internal messaging systems
- Shape aspects of our software development environment as the platform grows
- Have the opportunity to be involved with all aspects of a highly automated, high volume trading ecosystem
- Understand GS principal liquidity provision strategies
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic background with BS degree in quantitative subject such as CS, Maths or relevant experience.
- Good basic mathematics / statistics
- Good understanding of modern C++ development including C++11 extensions
- Low latency C++ development (not necessarily in finance)
- Strong algorithms and data structures
- Analytical/problem-solving skills
- Collaborative mindset
- Knowledge of latency optimisation techniques
- Experience with java or python
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top