Core Engineering - Onsite Delivery and Technical Support
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
ETO Client Services (On Site Delivery) OSD team within Platform is responsible for providing on-site technical support for a variety of applications, system and hardware used by internal business users. The OSD team is also responsible for the lifecycle management of workplace inventory, and multimedia support. This includes infrastructure build-out, hardware provisioning, asset management, troubleshooting, on-going support and multimedia event planning/support.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
WORKPLACE ON-SITE SUPPORT
- Ensure all production systems are fully operational during required office hours.
- Provide on-site second level support to the internal personnel as well as high touch support for Platinum users.
- Support Video Conference
- Identify and resolve points of failure in production systems, escalating to subject matter experts, or third party software vendors as necessary.
- Manage the lifecycle of all workplace equipment including procurement, scanning inventory, provisioning and disposal.
- Partner with engineering team to manage all workplace related projects including pilot testing.
- Continuously create, update, and publish documentation relating to existing and new procedures.
- Workplace hardware support including desktop, laptop, blackberry, market data, IPT.
- Support Move, Adds and Changes.
- Power downs execution, BCP site maintenance and support.
- Voice technology support including Cisco IPT, Voice recording, and Voicemail.
- Provide after hours and weekend support of change activities and checkouts.
- Required physical lift and shift of workplace hardware including PCs, Monitors and other equipment.
- Handle vendor management and invoice processing
- Bachelor degree in computer science related major
- Experience in working globally with multiple teams
- Fundamental networking skills, including TCP/IP, IP routing protocols, Layer 2 switching
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Market Data and trading system
- Familiarity with mobile technologies such as Blackberries and laptop configuration & hardware
- Experience supporting client / server based software applications
- Fundamental hardware diagnostic and support skills
- Experience with Video Conference, Cisco IP Phone, Voice Recording
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top