Core Engineering - Network Engineer
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Network Engineering is a global organization that is part of the Business platform unit based in multiple locations around the world. The Asia team develops products and solutions including networks hosting critical market data, exchange connectivity, network security and e-commerce services, the design of the physical network supporting the regional data center and inter-connectivity to regional offices across Asia. The team ensures that knowledge, best practice and expertise are shared between regions promoting teamwork and collaboration.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be part of Network Execution responsible for Implementation, Deployment, Operation and Product Life Cycle management of network infrastructure, including both internal campus/trading network and external facing client and Internet connectivity, according to the global network policies and best practices, with specific local network requirement identified and addressed.
- Work with global network team on providing level 3 escalation for troubleshooting incidents.
- Work with local service providers, vendors, stock exchanges for network connectivity setup and fault escalation.
- Work with internal and external clients to understand the network requirements and provide network solution for new business projects.
- Work with internal and external auditors and regulators to provide network related information as needed.
- Provide oversight all network related changes and articulate the change scope, risk and impact to China business in regular change management meeting.
- Maintain accurate network diagrams, inventory and documentation for network infrastructure.
- Extensive knowledge of networking technologies, topologies, and protocols. (TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF & RIP, SNMP, Multicast, STP, HSRP, switching technologies, VLANs, Firewalls, Carrier Circuits, E1, SDH, Ethernet)
- Extensive technical experience using many of the following: Cisco Routers & Switches, Nexus, ASR, ISR product lines, Cisco IOS, NX-OS, Juniper and Netscreen firewalls, GRE/IPSec
- Extensive hands-on experience in implementing, operating and troubleshooting large IP-based Data networks (LAN/WAN/MAN), preferably with some exposure to the Financial Sector.
- Familiarity with network cabling infrastructure and different types of media
- Knowledge and experience working with network management tools such as configuration management, network health check tools, log collectors
- Highly self-motivated and ability to work independently in a global team environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong English communication skills
- Experience working in finance industry and multi-national company
- Passed examination of Securities Association of China
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top