Core Engineering - ETO and Vendor Management - AppBank - Client Impact Specialist
As a Vice President in AppBank, the Technology Division's "Run-The-Bank" production management organization in Goldman Sachs. Specialist role in assessing, mitigating, communicating, and managing issues that affect the client's experience in the production management functions that support the Firm's Equity Clients businesses.
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work actively with various support teams in the firm to analyze and assess client impacts during incidents
- Connect the dots technically and functionally through technology stack from front to back during incidents
- Manage client impact assessment during incidents and effectively communicate with users, application owners and senior stakeholders across all areas
- Enhance client experience by identifying improvements to application stability and performance or operational workflow efficiency, and advise service owners on permanent enhancements accordingly
- Adopt various tools developed by engineering teams to automate client impact assessment using machine learning techniques and measure/notify potential degradation in client experience.
- Identify manual processes that can be automated and then work with engineering teams in automating them
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree (U.S. or equivalent)
- At least ten (10) years of operations, technology, or client service experience in Financial Service Industry
- Problem solving in a development or production environment, including experience identifying patterns, analyzing root cause and proposing solutions to resolve issues
- Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate the technical and functional aspects of a development/production problem to help drive solutions with senior stakeholders
- A comprehensive understanding of pre and post trade execution flows ranging from order management, executions, allocations, trade processing, confirmations, settlements, positions and balances, ledgers, margin and client reporting functions
- Degree in Engineering
- Specialization in Equities business processing
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top