Core Engineering - Digital Experience - Workplace Engineering - Collaboration Engineer
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
A person in this position will play an important role in defining and driving the engineering and deployment strategy for the firm's Real Time Communication platforms. Along with the RTC team, you will work towards providing advanced communication and collaboration features to the firm's users by the way of Unified Communications and Collaboration. You will explore the possibilities of integrating the communication platforms with other enterprise systems and applications.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Work with the platform vendors to understand their product offering specifically its APIs and other integration capabilities
• Performing engineering design of Real Time Communication platforms
• Define and drive the integration strategy for the RTC platforms
• Work with the Workplace development teams and other business teams to design and architect the communication enabled applications
• Liaise with the business units and other tech teams to understand and guide them on their RTC integration needs
• Document integration requirements and translate them into software system specifications
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• 12+ years of experience in designing, deploying and maintaining voice and video communication platforms
• Thorough understanding of the voice communication concepts and protocols
• Clear understanding of the Software Lifecycle and general practices for developing RTC applications
• Familiarity with communication and messaging protocols such as SIP, H.322 and XMPP
• Ability to translate business requirements to clear software development specifications
• Ability to clearly document applications designs and the related management and support procedures
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Experience in designing, deploying or maintaining large scale, multi-site, multi-vendor voice/video communication environments
• Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent or higher) in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field
• Financial Service domain knowledge whilst not a pre-requisite, is desirable
• Industry or vendor certifications for the relevant communication platforms
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top