Core Engineering - Deployment Runtime and Architecture - Global Data Center - Design Specialist / Program Management
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Responsible for design standards, Data Center infra builds and program management, in support of the operation for the Firm's Data Centers and User Buildings
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Assist with the Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC) for new Data Center hardware and appliances. Ensure new cross platform hardware models are compliant with Data Center standards for power, airflow and cabling.
• Work with the teams to ensure engineering standards that are defined through PDLC are implemented and maintained in the field.
• Project management of cross-functional programs that focus on the Data Center & User Building space to support business requirements.
• Responsible for Data Center Infrastructure reporting, including generation of reporting and appropriate presentation to management.
• Support the Data Center Operations team in managing capacity and equipment lifecycle in the Data centers (including installs, migrations, decommissions, consolidations and environment upgrades). Also assist with maintenance events such as power downs.
• Develop policies, standards, procedures and process, as required, to help ensure that the Data Center and User Building environment is managed with the appropriate amount of control and governance.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or relevant field
• Knowledge in Switching and Carrier Network connectivity.
• Must possess strong written / verbal communication skills and ability to create and present reports
• Ability to interface with multiple teams
• 5+ years of program management experience
• Experience in MS Office, Visio,
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an aptitude to communicate technical issues to non-technical and technical audiences
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top