Controllers, IMD Fund Accounting, Associate - Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City, UT
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The mission of the Finance Division is to ensure the accuracy of the firm's financial information by complying with the rules and regulations governing financial markets worldwide. Through critical analysis, the Finance Division helps to protect the firm from reputational risks while also aiding internal and external stakeholders with the evaluation of valuable information such as business performance and global risk. In its role as the firm's second line of defense, it is essential for all employees within the Finance Division to embrace the firm's culture of control by identifying and escalating areas of concern and influencing decisions to make certain that appropriate conclusions are made.
The mission of Controllers is to ensure that the firm meets the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. As part of the firm's second line of defense, Controllers provides the critical analysis required while ensuring the internal and external financial information of the firm is accurate. Additionally, Controllers serves an important role in safeguarding the assets of the firm through the independent scrutiny of financial information. Through its strong culture of control and challenge, Controllers helps to protect the firm from reputational and other risks while also engaging regularly with the firm's regulators and auditors.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Manage the financial reporting process with external auditors, legal counsel and funds' accounting agents. Establish all accounting policies and perform financial statement analysis (including knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS).
- Establish and monitor financial control framework, both internally, and that of the funds' external accounting agents.
- Perform large scale analytical procedures on various fund metrics that are necessary for sales and marketing materials, corporate profitability, and portfolio oversight. Ensure accuracy of fund Net Asset Values via control governance of eternal accounting agents.
- Oversight and coordination of funds' major treasury functions.
- Analysis of funds' dividends, providing insight to the organization on movements and factors that can increase and decrease these amounts.
- Assist with setting fund fees, in accordance with the GSAM's pricing philosophy, for inclusion in Registration Statements.
- Prepare written materials on recurring and ad-hoc basis for multiple Boards of Trustees and senior management (including updates to regulatory requirements, accounting and treasury policies, external accounting agent governance, Fund' statistics, etc.).
- Drive strategic process change and new/enhanced capabilities by partnering with Technology, using proprietary and third party systems and software.
- Liaison with several groups including portfolio management, tax, legal, and distribution on new product development and existing fund suite.
- Research various industry developments and share critical components with relevant teams.
- Investment product knowledge and general market awareness
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Highly-motivated with strong interpersonal skills
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft office suite of applications; knowledge of analytical tools such as Tableau and QlikView a plus
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA/CFA preferred)
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top