Controllers - Finance Platform Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, India
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Systems Engineer - Finance Infrastructure Engineering (DevOPs Associate)
The Infrastructure Engineering team is responsible for developing solutions, and providing best practice engineering, to ensure a stable and secure operating environment. The primary responsibilities of the group are governance and implementation of best practices around provisioning with configuration of our compute, application and data platforms. This position is for a member of the Bengaluru Team, with a focus on hands-on implementation and liaising with stakeholders (the application development teams) in the following areas:
- Reduce operating costs and risk by
- Adopting firm standards, and Implementing best practices across the business unit
- Elimination of legacy platforms
- Using firm tools to provision and configure compute, storage, and application servers.
- Review provisioning requirements of stakeholders, and consult on best practices around capacity, BCP, etc.
- Automate the workflow for provisioning and incorporate best practices.
- Manage relationship with Platform, notably
- Cloud Platforms
- Middleware (DBA, Messaging)
- Runtime Practices Group
- Storage Engineering
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Provision and maintain up to date infra hardware, storage (NAS) and system software to the latest standards.
- Help coordinate and communicate the cloud architecture, migration and adoption across stakeholder products.
- Help evaluate for tuning infrastructure for utilization, performance, reliability and scalability. (SRE)
- Take ownership over project timelines and deliverables.
- Proficient with Linux Infrastructure fundamentals as a systems engineer.
- Understanding of Cloud Computing: Virtualization Technologies, Infrastructure as Code (gitlab/Terraform), and the current competitive landscape.
- Comfortable working as a part of a global team in a dynamic, fast-paced financial environment including managing multiple stakeholders and projects.
- A prompt, analytical approach when faced with intricate problems.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and through writing with both technical and non-technical users.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to apply expertise to drive complex, technical and highly commercial solutions.
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies and always improve your technical skillset.
- Experience with large scale compute platforms and cloud computing environments.
- SRE and DevOps Principles with practical experience
- Understanding (hands on experience and aptitude) of Enterprise Software (Shell, Java, Python, C++, etc... )
- Comfortable database architecture fundamentals. Experience with SQL and Sybase / Oracle or DB2.
- Background in the financial and/or software industry
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top