Controllers Engineering_Java developer_Associate
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
How you will fulfill your potential:
- Measure the Firm's capital requirements in normal as well as under stressed scenarios to help develop forward capital actions (dividend distributions and share repurchases)
- Apply analytics to derive business strategies for optimal utilization of capital
- Attribute to businesses that consume capital to provide transparency into the profitability of the business
- Work with firm's federation (Finance and Risk) and revenue producing divisions (e.g. Securities, Investment Banking etc.) to develop our capital management calculations and analytics processes
- Manage end-to-end systems development cycle from requirements analysis, coding, testing, UAT and maintenance
- Apply machine learning techniques for data anomaly detection to enhance our analytical tools
- Design and develop architecture to perform complex calculations on distributed frameworks
Skills and experience we are looking for:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data modeling (i.e., Python, Spark, etc.), Java, functional languages (e.g., Slang), and core programming concepts
- Strong interest in enhancing the infrastructure, along with developing commercial solutions
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills - demonstrated ability to learn technologies and apply
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, both written and verbal
- 3-5 years of technology programming experience
- Knowledge of data analytics, principles of risk analysis and capital regulation (e.g. Basel3, CCAR) a plus
- Comfortable working in highly dynamic and rapid development environment
- Technologies: Linux and shell scripting, TDD (JUnit), build tools (Maven/Gradle/Ant), Scala, Spark, Tableau
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top