Consumer Technology- Core Systems Engineer - Lead
- Bangalore, India
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
CONSUMER (MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS)
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the firm's consumer business, combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with 150 years of experience. Today, Marcus has $50 billion in deposits, $5 billion in loan balances and 4 million customers across our lending and deposits businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. We are backed by our unique team, comprised of individual contributors from leading agile technology companies, fintechs and consumer financial services companies, allowing us to disrupt the industry, while helping consumers take control of their financial lives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
How you will fulfill your potential
- The Core Systems Engineering team is responsible for the availability, performance, monitoring, incident response and resolution for the core systems in Marcus.
- Lead the migration of a mission critical system from the data center to the cloud, building the automation and tooling to take advantage of the cloud
- Run the Production environment, taking a holistic view of system health and meeting all supportability requirements, including documentation, monitoring, logging, high availability configuration, capacity and disaster recovery plans
- Work closely with Architecture, Application Development and Vendors to ensure requirements are addressed holistically
Skills and experience we are looking for
- Be a subject matter expert in the development and tuning of all database objects
- Review SQL Store Procedures and Queries for Performance and provide regular feedback
- Manage SQL Databases for day to day activities
- Working closely with development team throughout the process of writing and deploying database code. This can include providing guidance on complex queries and the optimization of processes and statements
- Monitor and maintain system health, performance
- 7-10+ years of SQL Server database engineering/development experience including utilizing stored procedures, functions, triggers, and queries
- Experience in troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Experience in design and deploy high volume databases
- Experience in writing complex queries that are high performing
- Advanced knowledge of SQL Server 2014+ architecture
- Experience in using Data Visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and decision making skills
- Expert knowledge of high availability environments
- Experience with scaling in cloud as well as deployment on traditional infrastructure
- Experience in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed SQL Server systems
- Expertise with infrastructure migration, virtualization, cloud computing required
- 3-5 years working with major cloud solutions (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) desired
- BS or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related technical engineering field
- Experience and curiosity in debugging and optimizing code for routine task automation
- Strong interpersonal skills, drive, and ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skill required
- Must be a collaborative team-player
- Energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
- Intuitively coalesce towards problems with an open mind, within the context of a team
- Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial solutions
- Strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to a broad team
- Independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environments
- Can manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ensures accuracy of the information entered into the production scheduling systems
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of information entered in problem management systems
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top