Consumer Lending - Business Risk Officer - Associate - Salt Lake City, UT
Consumer and Commercial Banking (CCBD)
Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital.
Digital Finance Description
Digital Finance, a business unit within CCBD, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include the Marcus deposits and lending businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 148-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money..
We are seeking an experienced business risk professional to assist in designing and delivering our business risk office functions within the Consumer Digital Finance team. The successful candidate will:
- Drive all aspects of the Operational Risk Management (ORM) Framework, including Risk and Control Self Assessments, Risk Events and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) across business operations
- Conduct risk assessments of major business initiatives and ensure appropriate controls are implemented
- Identify and/or resolve risk issues impacting the business as needed, including conducting control reviews or gap analyses for existing processes
- Liaise with the Business, Control Groups and Internal Audit for reviews and track resulting issues and action plans through final closure
- Review and analyze transactions and processes for Compliance for regulatory requirements
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in finance or a related field or equivalent military experience
- 3-5 years' experience in the consumer finance industry
- 3+ years working in an Operational Risk, Audit, Compliance or other risk management role
- Results and delivery oriented, demonstrated by progressively larger responsibilities
- Outstanding organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn new digital tools
- Ability to understand a variety of systems behind a digital consumer platform on a high level
- Experience with the credit bureau reporting process, including establishing a robust quality assurance program for credit bureau reporting data
- Working experience with SQL strongly preferred
- Strong analytical skills; experience working with large datasets and analytical tools such as Tableau
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top