Consumer & Investment Management Division, PWM, Alternative Capital Markets, Associate, London
- London, United Kingdom
CONSUMER AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT DIVISION (CIMD)
The Consumer and Investment Management Division includes Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), Private Wealth Management (PWM) and our Consumer business (Marcus by Goldman Sachs). We provide asset management, wealth management and banking expertise to consumers and institutions around the world. CIMD partners with various teams across the firm to help individuals and institutions navigate changing markets and take control of their financial lives.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
Alternative Capital Markets
The Alternative Capital Markets (ACM) group within the Consumer & Investment Management Division (CIMD) is looking for an Associate to join the team based in London. ACM serves as the central interface between CIMD's Private Wealth Management (PWM) clients and groups within Goldman Sachs managing alternative investments, including CIMD direct investing efforts, the Alternative Investment Manager Selection (AIMS) group, the Merchant Banking Division and external investment managers, across private equity, private credit, private real estate, hedge funds and related co-investments. Because of Goldman's strong position as an investor into and provider of alternative investments, ACM sits at the heart of many significant efforts aimed at bringing some of the most creative and differentiating investment solutions to a growing and highly sophisticated investor base.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Assist on the ACM Private Investments initiatives, connecting strategic PWM clients to CIMD and MBD investment teams to access their research and insights on investment opportunities, including coordinating, facilitating and tracking various private investments
- Provide details on unique investment opportunities, market commentary and fund updates to both PWM Professionals and external clients
- Manage / run point on projects related to new business development, strategic planning, product development and other marketing infrastructure/fund registration and set-up issues
- Serve as a key liaison to other areas supporting PWM including legal and compliance, the PSC and other fund servicing teams
- Work with the New York ACM team on global projects to provide updates on fund performance and various business analyses
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant industry experience, preferably in investor relations or private market investing (private equity, hedge funds); Ideally 3 - 5 years of work experience
- Fluency (written and oral proficiency) in French or German is required
- Team player with strong initiative and leadership qualities
- Drive, organization, enthusiasm, creativity and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communications, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Analytical and advance excel skills required
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized individual able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top