Consumer Finance - Technical Writer - Analyst - Draper, UT OR Richardson, TX
Consumer and Commercial Banking (CCBD)
Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital
Digital Finance Description
Digital Finance, a business unit within CCBD, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include the Marcus deposits and lending businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 149-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are looking for a technical writer who shows a demonstrated drive for consistency, accuracy, and clarity in communication. A successful candidate must have a curious and inquisitive mindset and the ability to work patiently through difficult and often complex information. This person must have the ability to write standard operating procedures with a keen focus on our regulatory environment and the needs of our stakeholders to improve the end-user experience. Must be able to understand complex information and communicate the information to team members with diverse professional backgrounds. You will join a team of talented writers who work collaboratively across brands and mediums to apply their knowledge of the end-user to help improve initiatives.
- Determine the needs of end-users to develop, gather and disseminate technical information that is appropriate for the intended audience
- Collaborate with stakeholders, subject matter experts and members of the change approval board to document a clear flow of information
- Use sound business writing skills to accurately write, proofread, edit and format procedures that can be easily understood and followed
- Participate in the change approval board to ensure high standards of change management
- Standardize content across multiple platforms to ensure consistency in learning
- Create and maintain the information architecture including version control and authorship of technical documentation
- Gather usability feedback through periodic reviews with end-users and stakeholders to establish a continuous learning and process improvement environment
- Background in journalism, English, communications or research
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (specifically Word)
- Ability to produce quality work under very tight deadlines
- Ability to read process flow diagrams
- 2-3 years technical writing experience in a highly regulated environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top