Consumer Finance- Social Media Lead - Associate - New York
Consumer and Commercial Banking (CCBD)
Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital.
Digital Finance Description
Digital Finance, a business unit within CCBD, is comprised of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses, which include the Marcus deposits and lending businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 148-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
Clarity Money is a business recently acquired by Goldman Sachs that offers a revolutionary AI- and machine learning-based product for consumers to improve their financial health. Ushering in a new era of mobile personal finance management apps, Clarity Money uses artificial intelligence and data science to help consumers make smarter financial decisions and get the most from their money. The revolutionary features allow users to cancel bills, get a better credit card and create a savings account, all from within the app, and all at the push of a button.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Social Media Director will help manage the creation and execution of social media campaigns across social media properties such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. This person will assist in crafting and executing our social media strategy to power user growth, build audiences, create awareness and help expand and strengthen our social presences. In addition to supporting the management of these communities, this person will also help manage relationships with social platforms and agencies.
Social Media Management
- Manage our social media presences working both within our team, internally and with agency/freelance partners
- Reach our audiences effectively and achieve meaningful engagement with them via our content, with the goal of powering organic user growth
- Lead the conception, creation and execution of social media marketing campaigns and amplifications
- Create, curate and maintain content calendars, including writing posts for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other online content
- Fact-check, proofread and gain the needed approvals for real-time social media requests
- Execute live video on social such as Facebook Live, Twitter Live and YouTube Live
Listening & Reporting
- Utilize social listening tools, such as Crimson Hexagon, Nuvi and Spredfast Intelligence to generate insights
- Translate our social media data into actionable reports and insights that lead to optimizing user growth, engagement and awareness
- Partner with Compliance and senior stakeholders to monitor comments and help determine when to respond and escalate, if appropriate
- Enforce Social Media Guidelines with the goal of safeguarding social media properties from offensive or off-topic comments
- 4-6+ years of experience managing social media for publishers or brands
- Undergraduate degree
- Strong editorial judgment, writing skills and attention to detail
- Savvy user of essential social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram)
- Creative mind set with ability to use analytics to power ideas and growth
- Intellectually curious and interested in helping people navigate their financial lives
- Passion for and experience with managing social media presences and an interest in the latest digital trends
- Experience using social media listening tools a plus (e.g. Spredfast Intelligence, Crimson Hexagon, Netbase, Sysomos, Nuvi)
- Proficient in social media publishing tools (e.g., Spredfast, Sprinklr, etc.)
- Background in working with and managing freelancers, agencies and/or social media community managers
- Experience leading live video executions on social such as Facebook Live, Twitter Live and YouTube Live
- Working understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other graphic design services and/or experience in video production (Final Cut Pro) is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Proactive, team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top