Consumer Finance - Credit Risk - Analyst - Bengaluru
Consumer and Commercial Banking (CCBD)
Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital.
Digital Finance Description
Digital Finance, a subdivision of CCBD, is composed of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses which include the global online consumer deposits business and the US online consumer lending business, the firm's first-ever direct-to-consumer platform built from the ground up. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 149-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. This unique dynamic allows us to help our customers achieve financial progress through customizable solutions that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity.
Are you passionate about analyzing data, finding insights and using that to build new strategies? We're looking for a professional to join our Credit Risk Strategy team who wants to use their skills and ideas to build the credit strategy for a digital consumer lending business at Goldman Sachs.
The Credit Risk Strategy team develops, implements and maintains the underwriting strategy as well as customer management strategies for the consumer lending business at Goldman Sachs. We leverage traditional, alternative and behavioral data to create an underwriting policy that helps ensure risk-adjusted returns. We work extensively with the marketing, decision sciences, product and technology teams to help create a product and experience that puts the customer at the center.
We look for individuals with strong problem solving and analytical skills, innovative thinking and intellectual curiosity who want to make an immediate impact on the credit strategy and help the business manage risk effectively.
How you will fulfill your Potential
- Develop, implement and maintain credit underwriting strategy for digital lending products
- Analyze data (e.g. traditional and alternative bureau, behavioral & macroeconomic data) using statistical tools and analytical techniques to generate insights and optimize credit decisions (accept/ decline, pricing and credit line)
- Build and optimize existing customer management strategies to improve customer level profitability.
- Partner with marketing, finance and operations teams to ensure appropriate execution of credit policy requirements.
- Analyze and evaluate potential vendors/data providers for incremental value in credit management strategies in a continuous improvement environment.
- Keep up-to-date on applicable regulations and compliance requirements with possible interactions with internal and external regulators.
- Develop analytical reports and presentations for senior management, executive committees and regulatory exams.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's (Master's preferred) degree (U.S. or equivalent) in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or a related field.
- Atleast 2 years of relevant experience
- Prior work experience must include:
- Building, improving, or analyzing risk management in a digital consumer or small business lending or similar data driven industries like insurance
- Utilizing knowledge of U.S. credit bureau data, Risk Scorecards and ability to pay quantification
- Utilizing SAS, R, Python (or similar) for statistical modeling and analyzing time-series data
- Using advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel (including creation of pivot tables, logic functions, data tables and regression analysis), PowerPoint and Word
- Visualizing complex data analyses and communicating to a wide variety of audiences, including senior leadership
- Developing comprehensive risk management reports using SQL or a similar database query language for extracting data from large datasets
- Managing several projects simultaneously and driving end-to-end project delivery
- Developing policy and procedures documentation for credit risk strategy execution
- Developing and automating quality control process to ensure intended execution of credit strategies
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top