Consumer Banking Compliance, Vice President
Are you passionate about consumer lending and consumer banking? We’re looking for an Associate/Vice President to join our Consumer Compliance Team. You would use your skills, ideas and leadership to manage the complaints process, as well as design and implement processes, systems, reporting, and controls around complaints management for our consumer businesses.
Our consumer lending and consumer deposits compliance teams partner with all functional areas of the consumer business to advise on business strategy, develop compliant processes within the business, implement compliance processes, systems, and digital tools for identifying, measuring, and mitigating risk and reporting on the status of such risk. From day one, you will be involved in growing a new business within the Firm.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Collaborate with the businesses to understand any grievance, identify the potential cause, and determine the required remediation required, as well as assist the businesses in responding to the customer.
- Design processes and systems for identifying, measuring, and reporting data regarding key compliance risk indicators
- Conduct analyses of data to identify risks and root causes for Senior Management
- Deploy technology and guide the team to facilitate remediation activities
- Implement and execute QC test plans for assessing operational, regulatory, and servicing risk
- Use learnings to develop new strategies, systems, and technologies for addressing risks relating to consumer business operations and approach
- Assist the relationship with regulatory agencies, examiners, internal auditors and other company team members and assists with action plans created as a result of examinations, audits or internal testing
Basic Qualifications• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of retail focused businesses
- Ability to quickly grasp complex concepts, including global business and regulatory matters
- Proven expertise in delivering high quality work products, reflecting attention to detail and analytical prowess
- Understanding of information technology systems and standard system implementation methodologies
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience, preferably in the financial services industry
- Prior management consulting background a plus
- Prior regulatory experience beneficial
Preferred Qualifications• Experience managing complaints for an executive office or escalated complaints in a large financial institution.
- Demonstrated, significant program management experience with proven ability to build rapport, garner respect and appropriately exercise judgment and decision making in a collaborative consensus-driven environment
- Past experience building and maintaining key relationships , establishing and fostering a culture of stakeholder engagement and leveraging strong communications skills to interact across departments and functions
- Proactively contribute to and drive strategy across multiple BHC Compliance programs
- Organize, plan and execute on key milestones that deliver creative solutions to business, compliance and technology-related challenges
- Excellent management skills and leadership qualities
- Efficient team management skills and ability to resolve conflicting situations
- Professional maturity and confidence in expressing a point of view with senior management
- Experience automating collection of data and analysis of large data sets, including experience with reporting applications (e.g. Tableau) and/or GRC tools (e.g. Archer)
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top