Consumer and Wealth Management - Private Wealth Management - Ops Client Data - Associate - Zurich
- Zurich, Switzerland
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We are open to considering requests for flexible working
CONSUMER AND WEALTH MANAGEMENT (CWM)
Across Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals. Our advisor-led wealth management businesses provide financial planning, investment management, banking and comprehensive advice to a wide range of clients, including ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals, as well as family offices, foundations and endowments, and corporations and their employees. Our consumer business provides digital solutions for consumers to better spend, borrow, invest, and save. Across CWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
PRIVATE WEALTH MANAGEMENT (PWM)
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
CIMD Operations - Private Wealth Management Account Activity Team : Associate - Zurich
Are you looking for an opportunity to showcase your attention to detail and strong delivery focus? Do you want to be in a role where you feel you can make a real difference and directly demonstrate your success?
If the answer to these questions is "yes" and you want to be in a role that provides you with an exciting opportunity to see how a bank works front to back, while at the same time being part of an exceptionally high performing team - then joining PWM Operations in Zurich to work on the Client On-Boarding team could be the role for you. Not only will you be involved in all facets of Client On-Boarding, Client Maintenance and KYC Rolling Review but you will continue to gain invaluable new experiences as you work closely with Legal, Compliance, Technology, Finance & Global Operations in a fast paced and challenging role.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
PWM Operations in Zurich directly supports all the PWM clients of GSB Bank AG (Switzerland) working closely with the local PWM Business teams based in Zurich and Geneva as well as other PWM teams globally. As part of PWM Operations in Zurich, not only will you gain the opportunity to be part of a tight-knit high performing team in Switzerland, but also play a key role in contributing to PWM Operations globally.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Seize the opportunity to be a key player in supporting and continuing to grow the PWM business for GS Bank AG in Switzerland.
- Partner closely with PWM Business to work together to ensure we deliver the best possible service to our clients by ensuring that queries and requests are completed accurately and efficiently.
- Use your excellent communication skills to build strong productive relationships with PWM Business, Legal, Compliance, Technology and the Operations Division globally. Ensuring that you develop strong working relationships with the business is essential to your success in this role.
- Perform Treasury functions to the best of your ability, including reconciliation of incoming client funds and firm funds.
- Process client activity communications, including trade confirmations, OTC confirmations, class action mailings, etc.
- Deliver excellent service to sales teams by managing inquiries and following up accordingly.
- It's not just about Switzerland. You are part of a global team and as such you are expected to contribute to, and be involved with, regional & global projects / initiatives across PWM Operations and the Operations Division as a whole.
- Learn More. It is expected that you will look to expand your horizons and over time cross-train on the other functions performed by PWM Operations in Zurich.
- Your valuable experience counts. As a high performing individual, you will be expected to s hare your thoughts on how to develop and improve processes.
- Demonstrate your dedication to client service excellence. Provide excellent service to sales, and our clients to ensure timely resolution of trade related queries or issues.
- You are a Risk Manager. The expectation is that you will continually look to leverage your excellent risk & control mind-set. Working with the wider Zurich Operations team, the expectation is that you will regularly review operational processes to mitigate risk and identify opportunities to further strengthen the control environment.
- Be Innovative. We want to hear your ideas and see a positive contribution to moving forward and enhancing the current suite of processes performed by both the Zurich team and PWM Operations globally.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS :
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years' relevant work experience in financial services, preferably within Operations - ideally within a Client Service, Reporting or Asset Transfer Role.
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail.
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal partners with differing levels of product or process experience.
- Self-motivated and proactive team player who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Outstanding communication and relationship management skills
- Excellent English language written and verbal skills essential (plus German, Spanish, Italian, & French skills an advantage)
- Energetic, Flexible, Positive, Diligent, Organized and Committed to Teamwork - both in Switzerland and globally.
- Previous experience of working within Private Wealth Management Operations or the investment Management Division would be an advantage.
- Proven change agent / ability to improve processes. Experience in testing of new software
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite in particular Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top