Compliance, US Consumer Compliance Privacy, Associate
- New York, NY
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
As a member of the Consumer Privacy Office supporting the firm's consumer digital banking team, your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing and assessing products, features and business activities against privacy requirements and standards
- Developing strategy and procedures for responding to data subject requests
- Drafting and reviewing privacy-related disclosures, including fair processing notices and cookie disclosures, for retail financial products
- Drafting, editing and reviewing responses to data subject requests and data protection-related queries
- Creating, updating and maintaining data processing records and compliance assessments
- Incorporating privacy-by-design and privacy-by-default into business and technology
- Developing and delivering consumer privacy training
- Supporting the development and implementation of privacy governance frameworks with key stakeholders in Operations, Compliance, Technology, Legal and Risk
- Implementing and overseeing the effectiveness of privacy controls, privacy enhancing technologies, and privacy risk mitigants
- Supporting the creation of, and reviewing data processing records and compliance assessments, including data protection impact assessments
- Reviewing and as needed uplifting existing policies and procedures regarding data privacy. Drafting / reviewing new policies, procedures, and best practice documents
- Experience with U.S. federal, state, and international privacy laws and self-regulatory standards (e.g., CCPA, GLBA, FCRA, RFPA, CAN-SPAM, State Data Breach Laws, NYDFS Cybersecurity Regulation, California Financial Information Privacy Act)
- Wealth management, consumer banking industry and products experience
- Experience with digital advertising and tracking technologies
- Strong understanding of digital and retail focused businesses
- JD and/or engineering, computer science or technology degree is a plus
- Certified Information Privacy Professional accreditation is a plus
- Must be comfortable taking the initiative and working across multiple business lines and jurisdictions
- Strong relationship management skills with ability to deepen relationships and build partnerships across the business, Compliance, Technology, Legal and Risk
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top